Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Oct 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Thanks for the suggestions, my son has a dog which we look after every now and then. It’s not the same as having your own as lovely as he is.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Janeywaney my brother said the same, he had a black lab and was with him when he was put to sleep. He said it was the worst experience ever and he couldn’t do it again so they have never got another dog. I couldn’t bare to lose my baby girl!
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Sandra it was heartbreaking 😢 she was his dog through and through he has sworn he can’t do it again. I love dogs and would have a houseful!

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

I couldnt not have a dog, my Molly is nearly 13 and is going blind and I dread the day it happens, if she is at my mum and dads I still talk to her even though she isn’t in the house
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

You could volunteer to dog sit for friends and family and see how you feel then. Maybe become a part time dog walker for someone who can’t get out to walk their own dog(s). If you really want to find a way to have another dog ( or more than one ) you’ll find a way to do it. Fostering is another way to go too.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I feel exactly the same and also can’t due to work hours atm
We have made the most of it by going on holiday more than ever as we didn’t go much when we had a dog
I also have my daughters lab that we can see when we like but agree it’s not the same and can be quite stressful when she’s here as my dd allows things I wouldn’t such as jumping on furniture
I did borrow my doggy for a while but it wasn’t for me

Edited at 09:40 PM.
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by janeywaney View Post
Sandra it was heartbreaking 😢 she was his dog through and through he has sworn he can’t do it again. I love dogs and would have a houseful!
Jane
This is what my wife says, it was the hardest thing we have had to do.

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
I feel exactly the same and also can’t due to work hours atm
We have made the most of it by going on holiday more than ever as we didn’t go much when we had a dog
I also have my daughters lab that we can see when we like but agree it’s not the same and can be quite stressful when she’s here as my dd allows things I wouldn’t such as jumping on furniture
I did borrow my doggy for a while but it wasn’t for me
We have this problem when my son’s dog stays, he won’t settle as he sleeps on their couch and we won’t allow that.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.

Edited at 09:45 PM.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stecee View Post
We have this problem when my son’s dog stays, he won’t settle as he sleeps on their couch and we won’t allow that.
Annoying isn’t it!
Dd s dog will not settle the whole time she’s here so I end up taking her back early
I ve started going to her house to see her instead and let her on the sofa there 😕
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our beautiful Goldie, Oscar, was pts aged 14 1/2in 2002. We couldn't consider another dog, ever. Until...

After a traumatic bereavement, last Christmas Tweezer gave life back into our home. He is the best medicine ever for a broken heart 💔

Edited at 10:00 PM.
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by suehen View Post
I worked with someone who had a dog from the guide's dog in training but only at weekend's as she works all week. There are some charities which ask for volunteers to walk dogs could be worth looking into.
I've done this for the guide dogs! It was horrible letting Hugo go though although his new owner had a much greater need for him.

He got Hugo a few years after our last dog died and he really did make us realise how much we wanted a dog again, that was over 10 years ago and now we have mad Molly the black lab .

I do remember your emptiness, maybe try guide dogs and see how you get on? BTW guide dogs told us not to allow Hugo upstairs on on the furniture so as not to get him in bad habits if his new owner wouldn't allow it.

Edited at 09:58 PM.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List