Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 May 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Maui
Trading Disney Pins

Sanford Airport

Morning Dibbers

I thought I'd give a quick run down of Sanford, having just returned back to Blighty on Sunday

Arrival at Sanford on TUI flight was on time, Immigration didn't take too long at all (from memory think there were about 5 or 6 booths open), as we were the only flight that had landed. Immigration Officer was very friendly and actually conversed (I know right! ) Bags were waiting for at the luggage hall, and had to pick up stroller and car seat at the oversize luggage part.

Short walk across the road towards Alamo, chose our car and off we went.

Departure - returned car at Alamo, paid $5 for a trolley, headed off to Terminal A, checked in, headed through security (friendly airport official who checked our passports). Up the escalator into the departure area (not much there to be honest - a "food court", bar, a souvenir shop, newsagents/confectionery, a shop which sold watches, bags and sunglasses and finally the duty free shop.

There is even a smoking terrace to the right as you come up the escalator.
Disneyland Paris - Apr 15, May 17
Tokyo Disneyland & Shanghai Disneyland - on the bucket list
Maui is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jwkav10
Earning More Ears

We had a semi-similar experience!

On the way in to Sanford we landed on time - luckily we were one of the first people of the plane. Arrived at passport control probably about 50-100 people back. Then a flight from Manchester arrived and they flooded in behind us. 5 booths open for 400+ people. It must have taken the poor people behind us a good 90 minutes to 2 hours to get through.

Went to the TSA Officer who was really friendly and actually quite jovial - which was nice but equally annoyed me considering the poor families behind us.

On the way back it wasn't too bad. We did get asked to put hand luggage in the suitcase (unbelievably strict.) only to see people taking through carrier bags worth off stuff when we came to security, it seemed really inconsistent.

Then to security in which they were using battery powered UV lights to check passports. One of the machines stopped working because it ran out of charge and they couldn't find any batteries (genuinely true) - we then were made to completely empty our bags before putting them through the X ray machine. By this point the queue had built up behind us.

Through to departures - nice and small, I actually quite liked it - it had plenty of seating and although it was small it actually felt like you had lots of space.

Overall - still prefer MCO, and although I found Sanford a little disorganised, I would go back if I really had to.

jwkav10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

We love Sanford, only ever went to MCO once & said never again!
First time we went to Sanford we were off the plane thru baggage/customs & driving out within 45 mins! Sadly its getting more busy over the years but I still love that the customs staff will have a laugh with you & they do a lovely red wine in the bar where we tend to sit waiting for our flights.
Old 29 May 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I agree with the wizard I only went to MCO once and hated it took so long getting out and got completely lost, much prefer smaller and less busy Sanford. On my trip last month there was no queue at check in and security either, we were through so quick.
Old 29 May 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We had a similar experience. I was amazed by the time it took getting off the plane to getting our bags to getting out. Certainly within 30 minutes.

Everything was punctual and very efficient. Great little airport.
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
billabong
A Guest at All-Stars

Sanford Arrival

We arrive at 2:20 on 7th August 25 minutes behind a Tui flight from Gatwick. It looks like we are in for a long wait at immigration. We are in PE which should help a bit, I am hoping to get to Indian Creek for 5 PM to meet a friend, We have a car booked with Hertze thankfully not Alamo.
billabong is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List