Old 3 Jun 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Changed from POFQ to CSR...good choice?

...for next years booking.

We love POFQ but decided to switch to save a few pennies, we’ve downgraded the dining plan as my parents are coming with us and they don’t eat a lot so I think the full ddp would be too much for them. What we’ve saved by changing resort & downgrading the dining to QSDP pays for our share of the villa so it’s worth it.

Can anyone tell me more about CSR? What are the buses like? I know it’s a big resort (we stayed at CBR pre renovations so fine with that) but are there bus stops for every area or is it just one bus stop for the whole resort?

Where would you say is best to stay - we have standard rooms booked so don’t need to be on top of the food court but would like to be by a quiet pool and a bus stop!

We’ve been spoilt by FQ with everything being so close but I’m looking forward to a change as we stayed at FQ last year and going in October too!

Thank you!

Edited at 12:40 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
...for next years booking.

We love POFQ but decided to switch to save a few pennies, we’ve downgraded the dining plan as my parents are coming with us and they don’t eat a lot so I think the full ddp would be too much for them. What we’ve saved by changing resort & downgrading the dining to QSDP pays for our share of the villa so it’s worth it.

Can anyone tell me more about CSR? What are the buses like? I know it’s a big resort (we stayed at CBR pre renovations so fine with that) but are there bus stops for every area or is it just one bus stop for the whole resort?

Where would you say is best to stay - we have standard rooms booked so don’t need to be on top of the food court but would like to be by a quiet pool and a bus stop!

We’ve been spoilt by FQ with everything being so close but I’m looking forward to a change as we stayed at FQ last year and going in October too!

Thank you!
I'm being a little lazy and copying a reply I posted to a similar question a few weeks ago...
__________________________________________________ ________

I can't compare to POR, but have just returned from a 10 night stay at CSR and we were all really pleased with it (2 adults and a 9 year old). It was the cheapest of the moderates when I was booking last year, and I was hopeful that all the rooms will have been renovated by the time we travelled (and indeed they were) - I'm not keen on hotel carpets so the hardwood floor (or whatever it is) was a big draw. The room was just perfect for our needs, practical (lots of storage, usb ports etc) and beautifully renovated. The resort is lovely and beautifully kept and the bus service to the parks was superb - the app isn't accurate but we never waited more than a few minutes, either at the resort or returning from the parks.
We booked a standard room and requested Casitas 4. However, at check in, having been allocated Ranchos 7a, I asked if could be allocated a room nearer to the restaurants etc, and we were allocated a preferred room in Casitas 2. We did come across a few convention visitors (plastic surgeons) but lots of families with children as well, and it certainly didn't feel like a 'convention hotel' - and was plenty 'Disney' enough even for my 9 year old girl.
If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to try and answer them for you.
__________________________________________________ _________

There are 4 bus stops going from Casitas-Ranchos-Cabanas-El Centro, but the stops and/or order may well change with the opening of the new tower. With the new bridge(s) across the lake I think some of the distances have been shortened considerably, and with that in mind I wouldn't mind staying in the more 'remote' Ranchos area next year - yes, having always been against the idea of going back to the same hotel (not just in Disney, but anywhere), we are going back to CSR next year
We tried to convince ourselves to give POR a try, but whilst we really like the look of the resort itself, we much prefer the style and standard of the rooms at CSR. With 4 bus stops and 3 quiet pools I think your requirement in that regard will be very easily met. We found the food court to be of decent standard and the resort on the whole just perfect for our needs.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
jwkav10
Earning More Ears

You won't regret it and I still don't understand why CSR comes in so much cheaper.

Rooms are so nice (best moderate room IMO), the resort is lovely with the lake and the bridges will make the walking distances so much easier.

We stopped in Ranchos 7A (couple of minutes to the pool, couple of minutes to Bus stop), and although you are a 10 minute walk from the front of the resort, it's so quiet and peaceful. We're going back next year and are really torn between asking for 7A again or trying Casitas 4 or 5.

We found the food court absolutely fine for what we needed and Rix Cafe offers lots of good snacks too.

I can't compare personally to POFQ but I really don't think you'll be disappointed

jwkav10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I've stayed at CSR 5 times, I think. It is my favorite non DVC Resrot and I prefer it to AKL and WL. I think it feels really like a "Florida" resort, very upscale and I love walking around the lake at night. I've stayed in Cabanas at least 4 times and Ranchos once. I didn't think I would like Ranchos but it was for a short (2 night I think) stay and I found the area very beautiful and enjoyed my stay.

I would easily choose CSR. I have also stayed in POFQ and CBR for moderates and just think it is much nicer.

I'm not sure what people mean when they say "convention feel". I never felt that way as the conventioneers tended not to be all over the resort but confined to El Centro during convention hours.

Our last stay was in a Cabanas building quite far from El Centro. My DD, who was on medical school break, loved it and found the somewhat remote location, very, very relaxing.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you all so much! We've watched a few youtube videos, and seen some room tours and the rooms look lovely! Clean and modern which is what I like! My parents will be with us and will be 70 so conscious of locations for the bus stops so need to have a good look, although I know nothing is gaurenteed. I like the little bar outside where we could grab a drink at the end of the evening as with my folks being older and less mobile we wont be doing all day in the parks which is fine, it's nice to do it at a different pace!

Also, why is it cheaper? It offers so much more than the other moderates!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Spike1911
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Thank you all so much! We've watched a few youtube videos, and seen some room tours and the rooms look lovely! Clean and modern which is what I like! My parents will be with us and will be 70 so conscious of locations for the bus stops so need to have a good look, although I know nothing is gaurenteed. I like the little bar outside where we could grab a drink at the end of the evening as with my folks being older and less mobile we wont be doing all day in the parks which is fine, it's nice to do it at a different pace!

Also, why is it cheaper? It offers so much more than the other moderates!
I think it’s cheaper because it’s only served by buses.
Spike1911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m reading a lot of positives reviews about CSR which is making me excited for our trip. I’m trying to decide whether to bother with a room request or not, we don’t mind being a couple of minutes walk from anywhere but would like to be near a drinks machine and bus stop as in less than 5 mins away 🤔
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I think CSR is cheaper because of pure supply and demand. I think there is plenty of rooms and the demand just isnt there.

Why? Because the other moderates are ‘hyped up’ and more disneyfied so suited for kids. The ‘ports’ have the boats to DS of course as well. CBR has the new gondolas.

CSR is the ONLY disney hotel, including the delux to have a restaurant/bar surrounded by water and the facilities for eating and relaxation ( with a spa salon on site ) are not matched by any other moderate. Couple this with all,the extra facilities within the new Grand Destino Tower including two exclusive lounges, makes CSR head and shoulders above the all other moderate resorts.

Disney332
Old 5 Jun 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I think CSR is cheaper because of pure supply and demand. I think there is plenty of rooms and the demand just isnt there.

Why? Because the other moderates are ‘hyped up’ and more disneyfied so suited for kids. The ‘ports’ have the boats to DS of course as well. CBR has the new gondolas.

CSR is the ONLY disney hotel, including the delux to have a restaurant/bar surrounded by water and the facilities for eating and relaxation ( with a spa salon on site ) are not matched by any other moderate. Couple this with all,the extra facilities within the new Grand Destino Tower including two exclusive lounges, makes CSR head and shoulders above the all other moderate resorts.

Disney332
A couple of weeks ago I phoned Disney to extend our 10 night stay to a 14 night stay. They couldn't do it as there were no rooms available but they could transfer me to POFQ but that was considerably more so I'm not sure its entirely down to supply and demand
Old 7 Jun 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Pleased to read so many good reviews. Looking forward to see what everyone says after there summer and autumn trips! Really does get me excited about our first time onsite for a week.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List