VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
The PB&J Tour - August 2019 - Day 5 - Island of Adventure

Index here

Tuesday 13th August 2019

I was up at about 8am this morning, a lie in for me! We had early access to IOA at 8am but didn't feel the need to utilise it as we had FOLP ( I had no interest in trying to get on Hagrids ride this trip, my troops were fine with this)

I went down to the Kitchen Restaurant with Brandon and Poppy. They arranged for storage of the wedding cake for me in star services until we wanted to pick it up at the end of the day.

Brandon used his Birthday treat, when else can you have an ince cream donut for your breakfast! Poppy had cereal.

The staff were lovely here, as they have been everywhere so far, even Brandon remarked that he hasn't met anyone that isn't friendly and happy and willing to help. Makes all the difference. I got my Sprite to go as I hadn't finished it and we headed back up to the room to pick up the other 2 sleepyheads

This is a staple for Chris, although decaf is his only drink now so it's a real treat when he has 'proper stuff!'
Here's my other sleepyhead with her new Hard Rock Hoody on which she loves and was desperate to wear today but it's just not hoody weather!

We cleared the room, took all of our cases to the car and headed over to IOA for the day. The Water taxi had just pulled up and Poppy was desperate to go on it.

Another photopass photo, so worth it the money!

We went straight to marvel land so Poppy could go on Spiderman, now she knows exactly what to expect she loves it!
Standby Q was 65mins, we were on in 10mins.

Everyone was hungry so it was hotdogs next, everything is ridiculously expensive, these cost so much money, which is why, if you can, bring more snacks with you!

We split then, Chris and Poppy had a photo with Capt America and Myself and the other kids went on the Jrassic park ride, Poppy had decided after seeing the drop that she didn't want to try this, we were at the front, it was brilliant!

Chris and Brandon and Jess went on Kong next,

I stayed with Poppy, we were going to go on the Pteranodon Flyers but as we got to the front they closed it due to the possibilty of imminent inclement weather. We got a FP for return anytime that day though but never did use it. The Kong Q was 30mins, even with FOLP.

We tried our hand at one of the photo opportunities in the park, when you scan your card, stand in a box and wait for the flash! here's ours

It would have worked better but you can just see Brandon is outside the box slightly!

Up to Wizarding World next, Brandon was in his element, easily one of his favourite places. He bought robes, and 2 wands, all with his own money.

(check out the photobomber!)

Brandon Jess and I went on Forbidden Journey, I forgot how much I love this ride! Brandon can't cope with spiders apparently, hence the ride photo which Jess and I found hilarious, Brandon's face is just fabulous on most of the big ride photo's we have from this trip!

Isn't that the truth kids! Especially on my watch!

Today is the first day that the heat and humidity really got to me, we wandered to Seusslanding and I had to just sit down in the shade, I felt so ill. I told everyone else to go off and come back in a bit when hopefully I would feel better, I had one of our refillable mugs.
Whilst I was there I got talking to a lovely family from London, it was so nice to make some new friends, even for just 20mins!

Brandon took Poppy and went on various rides in Seusslanding so she was happy. Jess and Chris went on rip saw falls

Which they love and were absolutely drenched!

By the time they came back I was feeling more like myself so before we headed over to Universal It was Hulk for the older ones, and Spider for Poppy and I again (told you she loved it now ha! ) She has also been pestering for bubbles for days...

We went on the Hogwarts express now, first time for us, all loved it

Brandon adored Diagonally, I think I got mixed up, I think he actaully bought his robes and wands here, not in wizarding world.
Chris took Poppy off because she wanted to do Gringotts bank again and I stayed with the older 2 so Brandon could cast spells. Jess was done in and took herself off to a bench to sit down with her Wifi.

It was so lovely to see Brandon have such a good time, he is a man of few words most of the time and always thinks of others before himself. He was like a kid in a sweet shop here. There was a team member all dressed up here and she was helping people cast spells, she had a wand for guests to use if they didn't have their own.

Brandon said to her, 'I'm so happy right now!' and you could really tell he was! so the team member told Brandon about secret spells that are not on the maps you get with your wand, he was made up and off we went to try one, which worked!

We were all well and truly ready for home now, so after a truly wonderful couple of days, off we went.
It was Chilli's take out for tea and some pool time before bed.

Time for bed Pops!

A much slower day tomorrow!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014

Edited at 10:41 PM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A lovely busy day

Joan
Old 10 Sep 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Sounds like Brandon particularly had a great day, what a great start with ice cream and doughnut for breakfast
Jess looks so like you btw ... I'm sure you already know that though
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Sounds like Brandon particularly had a great day, what a great start with ice cream and doughnut for breakfast
Jess looks so like you btw ... I'm sure you already know that though
Jess is my double isn't she ha! When we sit next to each other on the couch watching TV Chris can never get over just how similar we look!

Colette
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Love your report so far! What a wonderful day.
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
Love your report so far! What a wonderful day.

Thank you, thats lovely of you to say, we did have such a fab day!

Colette