Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 17 May 16, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

checked mine today on the offchance (5-19 june at sfb) and the price had dropped back down to £6 cheaper than it was when i amended it last month (and £60 cheaper than it was this time last week)

i've now upgraded to a midsize SUV, and it has cost me £10 less than i originally paid when i booked for the basic compact. the price for the midsize SUV previously was over £100 to upgrade before now. yay!

Edited at 12:39 PM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 16, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sgrech
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by sgrech View Post
Just about to make a booking for next Easter and planned to pre pay as it appears to be the cheaper option. I just wanted to check that if I prepay I can amend my booking and take advantage of any subsequent price reductions?

Also still caught in two minds which car to go for Chrysler 200 or Toyota Corolla. There are four us 2 adults and 2 children (12 and 16) and we will have 2 large cases. Was thinking I would go with the Toyota but happy to be persuaded either way?

Regards
Simon
Anyone?
sgrech is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 16, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Nismo75
Earning More Ears

I'm pretty sure you can amend or cancel booking and re book if price fluctuates. I was also in 2 minds regarding the Toyota or chrysler. In the end I went for the chrysler, bigger and hopefully more comfortable car for not much more in price. Also don't want my 2 kids being cramped in the back with suitcases to and from the airport.
Nismo75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 16, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
stevekath
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sgrech View Post
Just about to make a booking for next Easter and planned to pre pay as it appears to be the cheaper option. I just wanted to check that if I prepay I can amend my booking and take advantage of any subsequent price reductions?

Also still caught in two minds which car to go for Chrysler 200 or Toyota Corolla. There are four us 2 adults and 2 children (12 and 16) and we will have 2 large cases. Was thinking I would go with the Toyota but happy to be persuaded either way?

Regards
Simon
Yes you can prepay and get refunded if the price goes down. We booked in March and have amended 3 times since then, each time getting a refund on our credit card. Saved £40 in total so far

stevekath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 16, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sgrech
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Nismo75 View Post
I'm pretty sure you can amend or cancel booking and re book if price fluctuates. I was also in 2 minds regarding the Toyota or chrysler. In the end I went for the chrysler, bigger and hopefully more comfortable car for not much more in price. Also don't want my 2 kids being cramped in the back with suitcases to and from the airport.
Thanks for your thoughts, I am going to sleep on it! Not so keen on large cars however they do have large roads out there!
sgrech is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 16, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sgrech
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by stevekath View Post
Yes you can prepay and get refunded if the price goes down. We booked in March and have amended 3 times since then, each time getting a refund on our credit card. Saved £40 in total so far

Thanks Steve that much appreciated.
Old 19 May 16, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

mine has gone up to £722 which is getting approx £170 more now than when we booked!

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
milesb
Trainee Dibber

Just checked pricing for our trip next month and it has gone up from £355 to £687 for a Standard SUV! Glad I booked when I did
September 2019 Jensen Beach
September 2023 Bradenton
milesb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread