Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Feb 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

BA Flights Not Listed

Looking at booking a flydrive with BA and in the past when i've been pricing the package up and also looking at flight only I've seen a flight out of Orlando to Glasgow via Philly that leaves Orlando at 1400 but now it's no longer an option that's presented, unless i set it up as a multi city and the price difference is mental.

Has anyone had experience of getting better flights by calling BA to put a package together than doing it online?
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I have noticed when pricing up ba flights that the American connecting airports don’t tend to show up till nearer the time so for example if I look now for January 2019 there may only be ba flights showing but wait a month then the AA flights show up if that makes sense
I think it’s because BA tend to release their flights earlier than other airlines so in theory if you wait they will come up
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ABZLocal
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
Looking at booking a flydrive with BA and in the past when i've been pricing the package up and also looking at flight only I've seen a flight out of Orlando to Glasgow via Philly that leaves Orlando at 1400 but now it's no longer an option that's presented, unless i set it up as a multi city and the price difference is mental.

Has anyone had experience of getting better flights by calling BA to put a package together than doing it online?
The BA website is awful in my view. You can go via AA.com which gives far more options and in my experience are more flexible when flight times change to move you to alternatives, BA are rigid that no changes unless flight times move considerably, such as 2 hours.

The best is ITA Matrix, then you can call up BA to book. They will waive the phone booking fee if you point out you can't book it online.
ABZLocal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I've just booked flights with BA, but booked it as a fly drive as the price for a car was so good! When I got to the choose car bit, I had the option to change the flights to ones that I actually wanted. It took £122 off my price. I don't like BA particularly but when their price is £1500 each in Business Class including a car and Virgin want £6500 in UC with no car, it's a no brainier I'm afraid. Plus BA flight time is better.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Assuming that the travel dates are within the window of availability (330 days for AA flights and 355 days for BA), the reason is possibly that availability has sold out or been closed for the booking class that is used for BA Holidays packages. The flight is still bookable as flight only, but that will be in a different booking class.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

I've since found that if i try to make a booking in a certain way i get offered the flights.

To get offered them i've had to set out multicity flights with the GLA - LGW and LGW-MCO seperately, that then lets me get the MCO-PHL-GLA flights on the way back without separating out the legs of the return flight.

Crazy