Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Feb 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dukesofhazard
Trying for More Ears

Easter 2019 Help

Hi All

We haven't holidayed in Florida since Nov/Dec 2012 and with our last trip I had 2 1/2 years to plan so managed to do alot of research.

We were planning on trying to go this year but have now opted for 2019 instead. As I work in school we can only go in the school holidays really.

I think this time we are going to look around Easter as I think the temperatures would be more bearable for my hubby and youngest as they don't like it too hot!

When would be the best time to look for flights etc? Also any guidance on roughly what price we should be looking at for flights/fly drive at this time of year would be very much appreciated. I've seen threads where Dibbers have mentioned about flights for next year but when visiting the provider and doing a search, nothing seems to be available yet - am I doing something wrong?!?!

At the moment we are undecided whether to do it DIY or with an operator. Do we buy park tickets in advance? Sorry, alot of questions therefore, any hints and tips would be greatly appreciated
dukesofhazard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

Easter is very very busy and needs planning. You can buy packages now but you need to wait till 11 months before for diy flight booking weather should be perfect. Our first visit was Easter. We prefer July due to the longer days. Park tickets are far cheaper in advance
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Weirdo19
Excited about Disney

Easter is a great time to go, we’ve done it twice. We always book everything ourselves and Independant of agents as we travel around. Paid £500 on average for flights both with 1 stop from Scotland. Booked when flights come out. If your onsite and organised for fast passes you can easily get round everything you want to in Disney. We’ve never been to the parks on Easter weekend but before and after yes it’s busy but we’ve never found it that bad that we couldn’t go on anything and want to leave. We’ve justs done October and only done Universal this year and it was great, so quiet and perfect weather. BA flights are available earlier than Virgin, United, AA, Thomas Cook etc. Package holidays will be available and flydrives. Park tickets have to be booked in advance to take advantage of your fast passes and restaurant bookings (Disney) also generally cheaper here than over there. if your wanting to stay on site with Disney free dining for next year is released around Easter time and isn’t normally available for the following Easter but would be for October and Summer.
Weirdo19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post

We love April time to go aswell, driest time of year so hardly any rain and temp just right, well it's hot! We book everything ourselves, virgin comes out think either 9 or 11 months in advance but you need to look I reckon at least twice a day as price goes up and down, we go this Easter... Can't wait! 2 adults, 2 teenagers and it was £2400, attractions direct will price match park tickets, we always use Alamo, and book our villa through owners direct, never had any issues with any, price obv goes up but like yourselves stuck to school holidays maybe a day or so out of school, defo use Dibbs busy day guide that's a must and has worked for us so far, and don't go to the water parks at the weekend cause that's when the locals use them!.. I am defo on count down, cannot wait! Hope some of this helps!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Suzieb01
Getting Excited

Mobile

All this talk of holidays makes me want to book for 2019 now! And we haven't even been yet.
But would probably go DIY and use owners direct for villa and direct flights when they come out. Best start saving up then. Or should I wait till we come back off our first adventure first in Aug
Suzieb01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List