Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Feb 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

using other group members magic bands

My husband and son will be doing the HS star wars tour so me and my daughter will be doing the rest of HS on our own.

Is it allowed/frowned upon to book our own 3 fastpasses and then a different 3 fastpasses on the boys magic bands and use them aswell so we have 6 fastpasses using their bands?

They won't need them while on the tour.

Thanks
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

It does show up their names when the band is scanned for the fast pass queue, only issue i could think of.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SRP
Excited about Disney

I don't know if it's frowned upon but I used OHs wristband for FP+ with no problems. It was just the two of us and he freaked out about some rides, so I went on by myself then borrowed his band to use the FP+ and go back on again straight after. Cast members didn't say a thing - even though it was his name that popped up!
SRP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

Yeah, it's pretty frowned upon. But hey, you paid for the tickets - you might as well get use of them.

As a previous poster said, though, your name does appear when you use the band -- but most CM's rarely even glance at that screen.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

They might need the magic bands for photo opportunities though.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
It's abuse of their system (info from Disney here)

You wouldn't be allowed to enter the park under another persons band, however given the minimal checks on the rides themselves are unlikely to be picked up, although it could happen.

Not sure what a CM would do if you were flagged as using another persons band for their fastpass selection (not sure if this has happened before or not), but would it be worth the risk if you were made to leave the park and/or had your band/ticket revoked? as based on the "Park Rules" here that could happen...
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

A couple of years ago, we (myself, DH and DDs 1 and 2) had FP booked at Everest. DH wimped out, so I rode first with one daughter using our own FPs. I then took DH's band and my other daughter back into the FPNqueue so both girls could get their turn and neither had to sit by themselves. I explained to the CM what had happened and asked her if it was ok. She allowed me back on, but wasn't especially friendly or happy about it.

I think that kind of situation is ok, but as someone has quoted Disney's policy on using other people's FPs, booking FPs for someone other than the ticket holder is not allowed.

Not saying it doesn't happen, but as someone says above, it's technically an abuse of their system .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks all. Think I will leave it and just have our 3 fast passes and do whatever other rides we can.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
It certainly wasn't frowned upon when we went in 2014. Obviously you can't use someone else's MB to get into the park itself. But once we were in, no-one seemed to mind whether a FP+ was in a particular name in our party. We often booked FP+ for DH and myself, and as I am Queen of Team Wimp I would sit out certain rides, wait for him to come off and then give him my MB to ride again. The screen must have said he was a woman called Gill, but no CM ever commented!

I have read of people using the MBs of family members who are not in a park at the time (not to enter the park, but to use their
additional FP+). I suppose that might be slightly more a grey area.

Edited at 01:29 PM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I have done this. I have booked a FP for my DH and then we have swapped bands. They are in the park, so no non entry issues. I don't think you would have any problems. If you were challenged, just say you booked them for all party member (true) and as they weren't using them, thought it would be ok. If it was still the old FP system, no one would ever even know, so I don't see it as big deal now.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List