Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Feb 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Universal Studios...worth it?

Hi all,wondering if US will be worth it for my two girls aged 9 and 10. We are in orlando for two weeks and have 14 day disney tickets plus a day at discovery cove booked. Also plan a day trip to clearwater. So am wondering if I should do Universal aswell...it will cost around 600 for 2 day 2 park i think.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
the willys
Excited about Disney

Personally its our favourite, and we think its well worth the money. I have 3 sons aged 19,15 and 13. We first went when the youngest was 9. We have always preferred the rides to Disney plus big Marvel and Harry Potter fans. If you like movies and great rides then universal is for you
Old 27 Feb 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimedream
Excited about Disney

Mobile

In 1 word YES! my 10 dd loved it and Harry Potter is FABULOUS!
firsttimedream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I think it depends if your kids are Harry Potter/Marvel fans.

I personally think it's well worth the money, but I'm a massive Harry Potter fan so I would pay the admission just for Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley - they are THAT good.

But if they're not, maybe not, wait till they are into Harry Potter, and then go haha!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mark1994
slightly serious Dibber

Mark1994's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
YES! 100%, they are both phenomenal parks, which the 3 of us plan on spending at least 3 days in them. So much better then Seaworld and Busch Gardens. There is so much to see in Universal and IOA, let alone all of the attractions. We love Disney parks, hotels and such, but Universal feel high octane and a blast of adrenaline in comparison.
Mark1994 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cindy2015
Getting Excited

Mobile

We love Universal and IoA. Harry Potter is a must for us. My boys were 9, 9 and 12 when we first went and they loved it. Take a look at the ride listings and see what they might like. If you can I'd do it, you'll be in Orlando and it would be a shame to pass up the opportunity. You'll have a full on holiday but then that's normal for Florida. Depending on time of year you might consider a night at either hard rock or royal Pacific for 2 days front of the line passes.
Cindy2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

I echo the above - the Universal parks are a MUST if you want thrill rides & obviously the Harry Potter experience in both parks.

No disrespect to Disney - their parks are themed to perfection, but their rides are in the main far more family orientated. If you have enough time & budget to do ALL the Orlando parks, then do so. The escape from the Disney "bubble" may be welcome for some.

If you're into thrill rollercoasters, then SeaWorld has to be top of your list IMO. The best 3 rides in Orlando... Kraken, Manta & Mako. Kraken is fun, Manta is very intense on the backwards pretzel loop, Mako is just pure fun. Could ride Mako all day and not feel ill at all.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Totally agree with what has been said. I cannot imagine visiting Orlando without Universal. Our DD was 8 when we first visited and rode eveything she could (only 2 coasters she wasn't tall enough for). We all love HP and thrill rides so it was bound to be a winner.
That said, it is a lot of extra money. I think you need at least 2 days to visit (ideally more) . If you cannot spare the time or do not think your family will enjoy the rides on offer,save Universal for another trip. Lots of good you tube clips giving an overview of each park to help you decide.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Thing1thing2
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Both universal parks are brill, all the different themed areas are amazing. We have loads of tickets to use up too nearly a park everyday, I think we have 3 days spare but I see it as a water park is abit of a rest day! 😀.
Old 27 Feb 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

Yes! Definitely worth a visit. I actually prefer Universal to Disney at the minute. The Harry Potter area is amazing!
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List