Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 23 Jun 17, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks to this post just booked car hire for august, really high prices on all suggested sites then tried adding on to ba flights and was significantly cheaper 4 door full size for 348 phew !
Old 23 Jun 17, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
MrPenguin
Serious Dibber

When we booked for this July a few months ago we got an Intermediate from Alamo for £477 for 21 days - now, even the smallest car is over £1,000+!
MrPenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
xcited
Excited about Disney

my dates for next march/april (easter) is outrageously priced at the moment. 14 days, 7 seater minivan comining in at a whopping £1475 with alamo brits with florida discount car hire being even more expensive ay £1700. I think Alamo are pricing themselves out. I understand supply and demand and easter is a busy time, but I think i'll have to take my business elsewhere this time, at 9 months out I dread to think of the prices nearer the time.
So what other companies would you lovely dibbers recommend? or avoid? Do you think the price will drop in time? is it worth holding out or will prices just keep rising? we're flying into tampa, not sure if that has an effect on the price?
Old 23 Jun 17, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

Have a look at VA - I just booked for July and they were cheaper than anything else I could find!
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Looked the other day and was quoted £425 with Alamo Brits.

Just looked again and it's gone up to £470

I may have said a rude word
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

Apologies for sounding like a stuck record on here but the way to find the best hire prices is use the various travel comparison websites. Most offer extra cash back as well so you can get a bit more off if you have quidco or similar.

Booking direct with a favourite rental company site like Alamo Brits is no longer the best way to go now the prices are so volatile. You can save £££s just by searching Expedia, Kayak, travel supermarket, Skyscanner etc.
Old 23 Jun 17, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
Apologies for sounding like a stuck record on here but the way to find the best hire prices is use the various travel comparison websites. Most offer extra cash back as well so you can get a bit more off if you have quidco or similar.

Booking direct with a favourite rental company site like Alamo Brits is no longer the best way to go now the prices are so volatile. You can save £££s just by searching Expedia, Kayak, travel supermarket, Skyscanner etc.
Possibly, but if you book early a lot of these sites do not give free cancellation like DFCH or Alamo Brits, you they can lead to a much more expensive experience, ifd booked long in advance. Agree though, that all options should be explored.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WillSa6
slightly serious Dibber

I booked an intermediate SUV through Andy @ DFCH in January for our 16 day trip next month. His was the best deal at the time, and in fact it come down in price before I had to pay the invoice, so he reduced the price when I contacted him. I've just checked the same car for the same duration and it has gone up by £200 in the space of a month. I know it's only 3 weeks until we go, but £200 seems crazy.
WillSa6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Robblps1
I want to go now!

Genuinely I find these prices for any time change all the time.

I don't understand it at all.

I was looking for April next year, it was £1050 for 2 weeks for a 7 seater. A week later it was £460.

It's stupid, I'd just be patient and keep an eye on it. My bet is... if you check it daily, then it'll come down to the price you want to pay at some stage.
Robblps1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
candyman
Getting to know the DIBB

I just checked some dates for next April on Alamo UK and Alamo USA sites, the uk site comes out at £580, the usa site $462, thats £362.
candyman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List