Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 24 Jun 17, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
Yes, it is. But you were not just talking about Exedia, but lots of search engines. Some allow cancellation, some do not. It is important to point out that those that allow cancellation give advantages, those who do not may cost you more.

The point is that you need to know what options you have when you use a search engine.
The site may be cheaper, but end up more expensive if no cost cancellation is not allowed later, when the price drops. Great that expedia allowed no penalty cancel, but you mentioned search engines, where the vendor may not allow this. This was the point of my post and the fact you obviosuly overlooked.

Free cancellation is key.

Otherwise if I book a 7 seater vsan today at 1400 and tomorroow it goes down to 600, or i find it cheaper elsewhere I will lose a deposit, if i csannot change.
Yes but you were dismissing the use of travel websites to get very good, possibly the best, car rental prices on the grounds of the (obvious) need to check their cancel-ability.

To repeat the important point: the US car rental pricing is so volatile ATM that just checking Alamo Brits or similar one-supplier sites is very unlikely to find you the best deals anymore.

Old 24 Jun 17, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNikki
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Yes you can do OLCI and skip the counter with any Alamo supplier be it direct or 3rd party. As an aside Virgin have a dedicated link thats the easiest of the lot.
Cheers Tom
DisneyNikki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
candyman
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by 3family View Post
The US site usually doesn't include insurance

Unfortunately prices go up but I don't get the loyalty some people show any company. Go with the best deal you can get, every time.
Yes that includes insurance, but today its up to $746!
candyman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandieb
Imagineer

Gotta love the Dibb. I couldn't find a car for sub £600. I had no idea you could rent via VH without a holiday with them, and have just booked the same size car for £384. Which is about the same as we paid last year for the same car with the same company (alamo).

Big thanks fellow Dibbers xxxx
Sandieb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

The problem people are having is because they do things wrong,
If you see a price you are happy with book it don not hold out checking every day hoping it will go down or you may get a shock when you see it goes up instead.

If you can find a site that offers free cancellation then book with them, if the price goes down you cancel and rebook the cheaper price.

If you look and don't book then you may come unstuck
Old 25 Jun 17, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

We had the same last enterprises went up overnight I was booking 3 cars for our group well paying for them, booked ours then the other 2 said they would book the next evening came to book them prizes had gone up by hundreds £, so link on here for an offer with VH so booked the other 2
Old 26 Jun 17, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Anfield Red
Excited about Disney

Just booked full size SUV via Virgin Holidays website which has been stated was cheaper than going via Alamo Brits so worth checking Virgin Holidays website for car hire
April 2006 Villa Weston Hills DIY
Oct 2011 Villa Glenbrook Resort TCD
May 2014,2016,2018,2019,2020 Heron Villa Orange Tree

/B]
Anfield Red is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeymac
Excited about Disney

It's always worth checking Virgin, British Airways, Emirates, Ebookers and all the usual sites hire sites, in my mind.
Old 26 Jun 17, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

I just found a cracking deal via Travel Supermarket, which clicks through to Argus Car Hire which shows the booking as Europcar. Seems to show all insurrances etc. Are they Any good? Anything I need to watch out for?

I've only ever used Alamo because I love the Savetime - do Europcar offer anything like this?

I'm flying into FLL not MCO for what it's worth.
Old 26 Jun 17, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Just went on to the Alamo Brit site and not only has it gone up (though luckily for us not by much) but they've also stopped the 2nd driver free deal. Now you can only go for the standard, or the Gold option with 3 drivers. So wish I'd booked!

Edit: I was wrong.

If you go through Quidco to Alamo, you will be:

1) Charged more (for us, £26 more, with is more than the Quidco cashback offered)
2) No second driver included

So this link is the one I've found it cheapest the URL with partners/members/brits/ on the end

The site looks identical, just doesn't offer the same deal.

Edited at 02:12 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List