Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Feb 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

Double or two single strollers

We are taking 2 under 3s this time. Planning on purchasing strollers in Orlando. They are cousins so seperate parents.
Should we get a stroller each or a double. There will be times when one mum who does not like upside down type coasters will have both alone so a double seems like a good idea.
However wil 2 singles be better when in crowds and for folding up.
We plan to do all our days together.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t suppose they make strollers that and be hooked together but then separated if needs be? If not, someone should invent one!

Really tricky one as there will be times when you might want to go your separate way. If the other parent is just going to sit and wait whilst the other people ride, I’d go for two singles as this gives more freedom.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

If you're ever going to leave one person with both you'll need a double unless they aren't going to move. Having taken two under 3 last year the double was invaluable for the times when there was just one of us with both as staying in one spot with two kids never seemed to end well as they'd inevitabley get bored so we were always moving about even if just going round a shop. Plus also with a double you ensure equal viewing for both kids for parades or whatever kids like to look at and the cast members move strollers about a lot so you'd be always trying to find two - one is bad enough! I can see it's a bit unusual in that there's more adults in your party than ours and they're cousins not siblings but when one falls asleep (which at that age in that heat they usually will even if they don't nap in uk) it's so much handier having them in one spot. Id personally go for a double but that's if you don't plan on splitting up if you are I'd go for singles.

Edited at 04:37 PM.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I would definitely get two singles - that way each family can have time alone and still have a pushchair, plus if you are using disney transportation I think it’s easier with two umbrella folds than one double. We bought a $50 stroller in magic kingdoms baby care centre and it was a perfect stroller - it reclined, had a basket and was so lightweight. Best $50 dollars we spent all holiday! My other child went in our Maclaren that we brought from home - single pushchairs are easier in crowds too!
ElsasGloves is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

We took 2 singles the year before last. Never again. Such a faff folding and carrying. Neither adult ever had a free hand and they wanted to be in the buggies at different times. Then they even fought over who was sitting in which buggy 😂. Took a double last year. Sooooo much easier. Always a free hand for when one was walking, often a spare seat to dump bags. Often we would park it up in a covered area and leave it for a good while. I bought second hand here, then sold it on when I got back. Cost me £10 for our holiday buggy!
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m so glad I don’t have to make this decision as all of the advice makes perfect sense! You all have convinced me that I’d need two singles plus a double! 😅
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
molly48
Excited about Disney

We’ve just bought baby jogger mini double buggy. I don’t go on many rides so with a double i can have a wander around and wouldn’t be able to with two single ones.

1995 /1998 Disney All star music 1997 Quality inn plaza 2000 Caribbean beach 2004 Calabay parc
2005 southern dunes 2007/2008 Indian creek villa
2015 Avanti hotel / 2018 dibb villa Solterra. Port Orleans french quarter 2020
molly48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
2 singles, we took ours with us having rented the Disney double ones the year before. Agree easier for one person to push, but crowd and in particular, shop navigation was harder with a double. Ended up with one of us having to stay outside if one of the kids was asleep.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

Can see the benefits for both types and disadvantages too. like the idea of two singles with a clip to stick them together. Does any one do this as it would be brilliant.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Woohoobb
Excited about Disney

Mobile

There are clips on eBay and Amazon. Think it’s a company called tiger-something.
Woohoobb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List