Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jan 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
CazB
Very Serious Dibber

CazB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 11
I've just this minute booked flights with Virgin from Glasgow - flying out on 27th Sept. They dropped the prices for that week today

We had some virgin miles to put towards the cost of the flights so we have got return flights for £314 each. If we didn't have the miles to put towards it then it would have cost us £638.72 each.
2019 - Portofino
2023, 2024 - RPR
CazB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I just wish I could make my mind up between united indirect from Edinburgh or virgin direct from glasgow. We are tempted by the Edinburgh as we live so close. I'm meant to be saving money an m&s if we went virgin I know I'd want to upgrade to pe.

So... whens the virgin sale after this one? Lol
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
CazB
Very Serious Dibber

CazB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
I just wish I could make my mind up between united indirect from Edinburgh or virgin direct from glasgow. We are tempted by the Edinburgh as we live so close. I'm meant to be saving money an m&s if we went virgin I know I'd want to upgrade to pe.

So... whens the virgin sale after this one? Lol
I know what you mean. It was an extra £175 each to upgrade to PE. However dibbers row was free for both flights so we paid to book those seats for £70 each as it’s the next best thing to PE.

We have flown United to New York twice and haven’t been overly enamoured with them either time so we don’t mind paying the extra for flying with VA.

Next Virgin sale will be Easter bank holiday I think but the prices then tend not to be as good as Dec/Jan sale prices. Or at least that is what I have found to be the case over the years.

Edited at 11:59 PM.
CazB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

Mobile

Decided I was going to book Thomas Cook and the price has just gone up £140!
Will continue my search.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 05:44 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by coinneach View Post
Decided I was going to book Thomas Cook and the price has just gone up £140!
Will continue my search.

Try norwegen direct flights. We were, and still are, very impressed. 251days to go
Old 4 Jan 18, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by CazB View Post
I know what you mean. It was an extra £175 each to upgrade to PE. However dibbers row was free for both flights so we paid to book those seats for £70 each as it’s the next best thing to PE.
It certainly isn't the next best things to PE are the twin seats at the back downstairs and the extra legroom downstairs (not exit rows). Dibbers row is (in my view) a punishment not a privilege
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just booked BA Edi-LGW-MCO, it was in our price range, sadly not as cheap as when our window opened (Oct) but certainly the cheapest prices for a couple of days! Sadly also Glasgow was still £150 dearer. We did consider the United flight but the big unknown of changing Stateside plus it was only £15/person cheaper, we stayed with "what we know"!
Need to stop looking now
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It certainly isn't the next best things to PE are the twin seats at the back downstairs and the extra legroom downstairs (not exit rows). Dibbers row is (in my view) a punishment not a privilege
The 3 or 4 rows of 2 at the back? Those are the seats I had my eye on if we went econ with virgin. Only concern is then being at the back for immigration. We can use the machines though.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
molly48
Excited about Disney

Were still looking for virgin flight direct 12 Sept but still coming up £650. 😞

1995 /1998 Disney All star music 1997 Quality inn plaza 2000 Caribbean beach 2004 Calabay parc
2005 southern dunes 2007/2008 Indian creek villa
2015 Avanti hotel / 2018 dibb villa Solterra. Port Orleans french quarter 2020
molly48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
onetoescape
Excited about Disney

I priced up October this year as we are looking October for next year and came up £3100 for 2 adults 2 kids over Halloween staying in Cabana Bay for 2 weeks.
onetoescape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List