Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Feb 18, 05:23 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
Hi all. I'm still looking for travel insurance at a reasonable price. Just a couple more questions.

1. Does anyone know if it is possible to insure both of us separately as this seems to work out cheaper.

2. Would we have to be with the same insurer to do this, or could we use different ones.

3. Can the insurance policies be linked in any way, either both from the same insurer or different companies.

4. If so, how do we link them?

Sorry to be a pain.
Thanks
James
James - I took some time to reply to your questions re individual policies, linking/same underwriter on 20th Feb, on your other insurance thread, did you not read it? It's HERE if you want to read it.
Old 25 Feb 18, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I really need to pull my finger out and speak with my travel insurer through my bank. Want to make sure my condition is covered by them.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
James - I took some time to reply to your questions re individual policies, linking/same underwriter on 20th Feb, on your other insurance thread, did you not read it? It's HERE if you want to read it.
Hi Chris. Thanks for your message. Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I seem to be getting myself completely stressed out with the whole insurance thing.

I checked with one company online yesterday for a single policy for me and it came out at about £100, which I thought was fine. But the site crashed before I could check on one for Andrea. I'll try again today.

Do you get a better deal if you phone these companies up rather than online? It looks like it may be better with 2 separate policies and try and get them linked together.

Thanks
James

Edited at 12:01 PM.
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiger431
Excited about Disney

I did one for myself (with pre existing) and a separate one for my wife and son. Came out slightly cheaper, but not a great deal in it.
Tiger431 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Greyfriars View Post
The questions used to drive me crazy but recently my wife joined an NHS retirement fellowship which allows us to get annual cover at a very reasonable cost.
The only stipulation is you must be fit to travel. No other questions are asked! 😎
Hi. Did your wife have to have worked in the NHS to get insured, or is it open to anyone?
James
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by nanu View Post
This time around Axa were best price for me. I took out a group policy so everyone would be covered the same and it would make it easier to claim if all on the same policy. Trouble if you are with different insurers, the second person would not declare the illnesses of the first so there could be issues around pre-existing conditions if you had to cancel. I would strongly advise to be on one policy as once the pre-existing conditions have been accepted, they are accepted for both persons cover. Also, I took out an annual policy as it was cheaper than a single one.
Thanks. I had a feeling it might need to be with one insurer if we had separate policies.

The last thing we want is for an insurer to cause problems because we have separate policies.
James
Old 25 Feb 18, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
Go to the British Heart Foundation site, or the Special Needs site on the dibb, you will find loads of information.
Thanks for the information. There is a lot on the Special Needs forum. It may take me a while to work through it.
James
Old 25 Feb 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lorry69 View Post
I would always declare any conditions. I also have Atrial Fibrillation and have had three ablations which were unsuccessful and now take medication to control it. Also have other medical conditions and this year Aviva have covered me and family for an annual policy for £314. I have checked and double checked that everything is covered.
That sound quite reasonable for a family. I'm sorry the ablations didn't work for you. I always thought they were quite successful. Could I ask, are you in permanent AF or Paroxymil? (Sorry, you don't need to tell me)
Thanks
James
Old 25 Feb 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would advise one policy- as other posters have said. If anything happens- you don’t want to have to deal with 2 companies and what if one does one thing and one another.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by hillcats View Post
I know its a tad long winded, but I think the industry need changing (yes, the prices will go up as a result) but it would be a good idea if the insurer obtained the health records of any person wanting insurance cover and then make a decision based on their doctor notes, then nothing can be forgotten missed or not declared etc and genuine cover is in place...
I completely agree. The questions on every insurance site is identical. Maybe if they started asking how the condition affects you rather than, "Have you been to hospital in the last 2 years"

They also ask if you have EVER had any illness or been on medication. This would cover pretty much everybody. If it came to a claim, they could could always say that you didn't declare that you broke your finger (for example) 20 years ago.

I think the questions need to be a bit more specific.

Sorry, rant over.
James