Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 15 Feb 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ihearttc
Earning More Ears

2 day park hopper tickets

We are staying at RPR at Universal for 11 nights in April. We had originally just decided to do Universal but we've never been before and it seems crazy to go all that way and not do a little bit of Disney.

My plan is to get a 2 day park hopper tickets-do a whole day/evening in MK one day and then do AK another day before going to Epcot that evening. Does that sound like its doable?

I was either going to order from undercover tourist or orlando attractions? Any idea which is the better as they are a similar price. Would it be better to get actual tickets mailed (not sure how long that takes) or just an e-ticket?
ihearttc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ihearttc View Post
We are staying at RPR at Universal for 11 nights in April. We had originally just decided to do Universal but we've never been before and it seems crazy to go all that way and not do a little bit of Disney.

My plan is to get a 2 day park hopper tickets-do a whole day/evening in MK one day and then do AK another day before going to Epcot that evening. Does that sound like its doable?

I was either going to order from undercover tourist or orlando attractions? Any idea which is the better as they are a similar price. Would it be better to get actual tickets mailed (not sure how long that takes) or just an e-ticket?
I would say it's doable to do AK in the day and Epcot in the night, but that's just my opinion.

Both the companies you have mentioned are reputable but I think undercovertourist.com are about $12 cheaper, $281.54, compared to $294. Personally I like the actual tickets, but others might differ.
Old 15 Feb 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
If you sign up to mousesavers newsletter they'll email you a discount code link for undercover tourist, it's not huge, but still a saving.

We've used both companies in the past and been pleased with the service from both. Opted for the latter this time as they were slightly cheaper on a 3 day MYW. They send out real tickets or offer e tickets if you prefer or need them quickly. Nice not to have to go to guest services on day 1 with the real ones.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ihearttc
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Fab thanks both. Do you happen to know how long they take to come? I wanted to attempt to get some FP’s and we go in 46 days..so need them here pretty quickly.
ihearttc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 02:54 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Fab thanks both. Do you happen to know how long they take to come? I wanted to attempt to get some FP’s and we go in 46 days..so need them here pretty quickly.
You're welcome.

Not sure how long it takes for a mailed ticket to come from undercovertourist.com, but it says the following for an E-Ticket and it looks like you can link it to MDE to book fastpasses before you exchange it.

E-Ticket: Please allow up to 24 hours for successful email delivery.

E-Ticket: Add this E-Ticket to your MagicBand and go straight to the gate and onto the rides. (MagicBand not included with this purchase.) If you do not have a MagicBand, you must exchange this E-Ticket at a will call location for a RF-enabled ticket before admission. You may link this E-Ticket to My Disney Experience for FastPass+ reservations before will call exchange.

I have never used this site so I am just going on what the above says.

Edited at 02:57 AM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
ihearttc
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I did read that earlier but it didn’t make a huge amount of sense to be honest! I haven’t currently got magic bands (and wasn’t sure it was worth it for 2 days). Is there a way of getting the FP’s without having magic bands? What’s a RF enabled ticket?
Old 16 Feb 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I was either going to order from undercover tourist or orlando attractions? Any idea which is the better as they are a similar price.
They are both good companies. However OrlandoAttractions is an advertiser here on the DIBB (and therefore gives the DIBB a bit of money) whereas UndercoverTourist isn't. But don't let that sway you.

I did read that earlier but it didn’t make a huge amount of sense to be honest! I haven’t currently got magic bands (and wasn’t sure it was worth it for 2 days). Is there a way of getting the FP’s without having magic bands? What’s a RF enabled ticket?
An "RF enabled ticket" just means the normal plastic credit-card sized ticket (it has a RFID chip in it). You either need a plastic card or a MagicBand to scan at the entrance to enter a park. You'd need to exchange the E-ticket for an actual physical plastic ticket at one of the ticket desks (the e-ticket is just a voucher).

You can get FPs (=fastpasses) without MagicBands. You don't need MagicBands at all. You can link the e-ticket reference number to your Disney account and that will let you prebook your fastpasses up to 30 days before you go. Then you'll collect your actual plastic ticket at the ticket desks when you get there and you're good to go.

Or you can just buy the actual plastic tickets from UndercoverTourist. They will take up to 12 business days to arrive or you can pay extra for express shipping (see their shipping FAQ).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ihearttc
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Apologies for all the really dim questions...can you tell I’ve not done this before! So if we get the mailed tickets from Undercover Tourist then we can still link them to MDE and get FP and we can just use them straight away and won’t need to exchange them? It makes more sense to do that I think. We are going the end part of the holiday so the 30 days won’t kick in until 8th March so they should hopefully be here by then.
Old 16 Feb 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Apologies for all the really dim questions...can you tell I’ve not done this before! So if we get the mailed tickets from Undercover Tourist then we can still link them to MDE and get FP and we can just use them straight away and won’t need to exchange them? It makes more sense to do that I think. We are going the end part of the holiday so the 30 days won’t kick in until 8th March so they should hopefully be here by then.
If you get real physical tickets posted to you, then you can link them to MDE, book your FPs and then just use them straight away when you get to Disneyworld. You can go straight to the tapstiles at the park entrance and scan the plastic tickets without exchanging them.

It's only E-tickets emailed to you that you need to swap for real tickets at the ticket desks before you go into a park. You can still book FPs with these.

UndercoverTourist sells both types - real physical tickets mailed to you and e-tickets emailed to you.

Personally, I prefer to get real tickets posted to me. I don't want the (admittedly tiny) hassle of exchanging e-tickets. If you order them now then they should get to you before 8th March.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:48 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Yes that's right. They send actual tickets that you can link to MDE by scratching off the panel on the back of the ticket, and you can use the ticket over there without having to exchange.

From the undercovertourist.com site.

Mailed Ticket: Go straight to the gate and onto the rides. No will call exchange necessary. This is the exact same ticket you would receive at the gate. You may link this ticket to My Disney Experience for FastPass+ reservations and add it to your MagicBand.