Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Feb 18, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
charlie_fame
Very Serious Dibber

charlie_fame's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile Anyone done Florida last minute?

Ok so this is new territory for us , we have been to Florida 6 times now, we have always booked onsite with free ddp the year before our trip . We were not planning on going back until 2019 but a lot has happened this year already and we have been talking about going on holiday in the next 2-3 months as something to look forward to . Hubby suggested an all inclusive in the canaries but I can’t help thinking we could have a week in Florida for the same price. So my question is where do people get last min deals for Florida , preferably to stay onsite ?
charlie_fame is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Keep checking Thomson fior April / May deals... every year theres good deals during this time.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Last May I booked a flight at 8:15am, left home at 9:00am and flew at 1:00pm the same day. I bought travel insurance on the train on my way to LGW and I booked a hotel (Coronado Springs) from the airport just before I took off.

In August we were in Florida with no plans to go to WDW but I had a change of heart at our last day at Universal. Sitting at the bar at the Royal Pacific approaching midnight I booked the Beach Club to check in the next day and around 12 hours later we were there. Obviously, we had no tickets, no ADRs and no Fastpasses - we still had some great table service meals and got to ride ALL the rides including FOP and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

In fact on that August trip, we'd only booked the flight a couple of weeks before too.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We booked and flew with 2 days notice last March - we only did one park day but had a great time. I did a trip report - link is in my signature
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Last May I booked a flight at 8:15am, left home at 9:00am and flew at 1:00pm the same day. I bought travel insurance on the train on my way to LGW and I booked a hotel (Coronado Springs) from the airport just before I took off.

In August we were in Florida with no plans to go to WDW but I had a change of heart at our last day at Universal. Sitting at the bar at the Royal Pacific approaching midnight I booked the Beach Club to check in the next day and around 12 hours later we were there. Obviously, we had no tickets, no ADRs and no Fastpasses - we still had some great table service meals and got to ride ALL the rides including FOP and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

In fact on that August trip, we'd only booked the flight a couple of weeks before too.
I love the idea of a last minute, especially for this year as we’re definitely not going but this is too last minute for me!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have booked a week before but never as close as some people have mentioned. The same day is brilliant, think this approach may tempt us this year. We are booked for November but could be tempted for a last minute with Thompsons in May. I'll keep an eye out and with a bit of luck might do a last minute trip ourselves.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

We booked about 3 weeks before for last August. We got a really good deal with netflights for 12nights direct virgin flights and onsite at all star movies. Would do it again in a heartbeat. We got most of the fastpasses we wanted and weren’t bothered about the on-site dining (we did manage to get a be our guest cancellation tho!) Looking at prices to book in advance for school holidays, I’d definitely do it again!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

There are last minute deals on flights but you have to be flexible and be quick.
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post

Wow ! Just goes to show you don't always have to plan plan plan
Old 17 Feb 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post

We booked one week ahead last October, Thomsons/TUI had a flash sale of a week at ,All Stars including flight for £400! Never stayed on site before, it as certainly different!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List