Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 19 Feb 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Is it a hassle to queue for tickets?

Hi All,

I've got access to (what I think) is great prices for Disney tickets.
2018, 14day Ultimate ticket for £329.

However - I've already booked with Orlando attraction tickets... I got them for £348 and have paid a £10 deposit which is non-refundable.

The downside with the £329 tickets is it's a voucher so have to be picked up at Disney. With losing the deposit we'll only save £18 by changing to these tickets instead of the ones we've already booked. Is it worth changing to save £18? Is it a hassle to have to pick tickets up at Disney?

The £329 is through a discount scheme in my work.

Ta!
b00110908 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
james weir
Imagineer

Depends on the time of the year,the windows that you exchange your
vouchers can be very busy and can take ages depending on the people in front of you,all you need is something asking complicated
questions
james weir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Exchanging vouchers is certainly more hassle than not having to exchange.

How long it takes it a piece of string question...it could be within minutes, it could be much longer. However if you're using magic bands you should be able to link your voucher to MDE and not pick up tickets at all. You would need to be linking the voucher to book FP anyway

If not then I'm not sure I'd switch to save £18 total
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Have done it twice. First time was legoland and it added 20 minutes to the time to get into the park. Second time was Seaworld and it added 30 minutes as the parking people refused to accept the voucher as proof of free parking and therefore I have to exchange voucher for ticket and then go and queue again inside the park to get the parking money back.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
WASTID
Getting Excited

Book your tickets with Expedia but make sure you link through from quidco first and you will get a nice big cash back after your holiday.

That will make the ticket collection more worthwhile.

PS - if you've not got quidco let me know and we can split the referral link I can provide 😉
WASTID is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
lifes2comp
Excited about Disney

I don’t really think it’s much hassle to collect tickets, but I also probably wouldn’t bother for the sake of £18. I would just say you were happy with the cost when you booked the tickets (we went for the same offer ) and just not worry about it. Not much in the scheme of things. You get a seamless experience and nice and easy when you get to parks.

In general vouchers probably take 15-30 mins depending on queues. When it was just me and wife we would head to Downtown Disney (now Disney Springs) and exchange at guest services there before heading to parks next day. Easy but had to take photo ID as I recall. Once had a problem with a voucher at universal due to issuer problem that had to get sorted. Disney I’ve never had a problem. I still prefer hard tickets myself though so would choose if not much diff. Just easier and nice to have before go. One less thing to bother about.

As I say, vouchers really not much hassle but personally I wouldn’t bother for that much as you already booked. Bigger saving/more people might be worth it.
lifes2comp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List