Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Feb 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisblanc
Apprentice Imagineer

Fast Track

Afternoon all.

I've just been sent an offer to use Gatwick Premium Security for £1 per person, has anyone used this? Is it worth it? Also, is there anything like that at MCO? Some way to fast track when we land in Orlando?

Thanks

Chris
Old 19 Feb 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Hi,

This might be of interest?

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1065766

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisblanc
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Hi,

This might be of interest?

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1065766
Oh, ta, I really need to search more!

Cheers
Old 19 Feb 18, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

We used fastrack in 2017 at Gatwick. It was so good, from the time we arrived at the check in desk to the time we got through security it was 10 minutes. Although, as you go througha separate section, I have no idea how bad the queues were through the normal security queue. For £1 I would do it though - we had it included with our airport lounge last year.

There isn't a way to fasttrack at MCO I am afraid, it would cause carnage because everyone would want to do it
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisblanc
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the reply
Old 19 Feb 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

MCO have a special fast track. We havent tried it, but when you get to security, you need to clearly identify yourself by holding your backpack up high and you run screaming towards the officials.
This is internationally known as a signal that you really want to get through quickly and the armed guards will help you out.

Originally Posted by chrisblanc View Post
Also, is there anything like that at MCO? Some way to fast track when we land in Orlando?
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I think us citizens can get pre clearance which they pay for.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

The more people that use this scheme, the better it is for me, as there will fewer people in the normal queue - so go for it! I wouldn't waste my own money - you don't get to Orlando any sooner, just spend a couple of minutes longer in the departure lounge - no attraction whatsoever.

The equivalent service when departing MCO is called TSA precheck, but the only UK airline signed up for that is VA, and you get it for free automatically if they think you qualify.

There is a fast track for immigration arrival at any US airport, called Global Entry - you pay a large fee and have to go for an interview. On my last 2 trips to MCO in 2017, there was no queue at all in MCO immigration, so Global Entry would not have been quicker - you just wait longer your bags.

These schemes are just to raise money from those who want to feel 'special' rather than be one of the ordinary plebs like me.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

If the choice is 15/20/30 minutes going through security versus five minutes then I'd gladly pay a pound...although at no stage will I think of myself as being special... just chilled sat in the lounge
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by ianc View Post
The more people that use this scheme, the better it is for me, as there will fewer people in the normal queue - so go for it! I wouldn't waste my own money - you don't get to Orlando any sooner, just spend a couple of minutes longer in the departure lounge - no attraction whatsoever.

The equivalent service when departing MCO is called TSA precheck, but the only UK airline signed up for that is VA, and you get it for free automatically if they think you qualify.

There is a fast track for immigration arrival at any US airport, called Global Entry - you pay a large fee and have to go for an interview. On my last 2 trips to MCO in 2017, there was no queue at all in MCO immigration, so Global Entry would not have been quicker - you just wait longer your bags.

These schemes are just to raise money from those who want to feel 'special' rather than be one of the ordinary plebs like me.
I agree that it doesn't usually help much when you land. We had queue jumpers galore and almost fights in the line to get through security in MCO, all for them all to end up waiting for bags with everyone who took their time anyway!