Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Feb 18, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
travelling with an almost 2 year old

this will be the first time travelling to florida with an infant, we have taken our daughters twice but they were 8 years plus.

our son will be turning 2 in july next year. we were considering going in june before he turns 2 so that he will be free to fly. has anyone travelled such a distance with a baby/toddler sat on your knee and how did you cope? there will be 5 of us to share him around as our girls will be 15,15,13 by then.
or do I wait until after his birthday and go in September and just pay for him?

what is it like doing the parks with an infant? we are planning on just doing US 3 day pass and SW 3 park pass. with a possibility of AK for a day. also planning on an 18 night trip so as to be able to relax a little more.

any advice is greatly appreciated.. we have been advised many a time to wait until he Is older by friends and family but we feel this will probably be the first and last time we manage to go as a full family with the age difference between the children etc
Potterfan5686 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

I have very little advice but following along as we are in a similar position for our October trip. You can still book them a seat if they are under two but you can't do this online so you have to phone. There was quite a long thread on here recently discussing the pros and cons of booking an infant a seat. I decided against it as I'm too tight and didn't think he would actually sit in it for any length of time.

As for the kids in the park I'm considering drugging ours so we can enjoy ourselves !
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
I have very little advice but following along as we are in a similar position for our October trip. You can still book them a seat if they are under two but you can't do this online so you have to phone. There was quite a long thread on here recently discussing the pros and cons of booking an infant a seat. I decided against it as I'm too tight and didn't think he would actually sit in it for any length of time.

As for the kids in the park I'm considering drugging ours so we can enjoy ourselves !
hahaha! that's hilarious.

hes only 7 months old atm so hard to say what sort of toddler he is going to be. but i am with you id rather save the extra cash for spending money etc. are you going this October?
Potterfan5686 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

It might be worth reading along with HappyHaunt1000 latest trip report. They took their daughter Marceline who if I remember rightly was 19 months on their trip just before Xmas - sorry that is all the help I can offer as I don't have any children yet!
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Potterfan5686 View Post
hahaha! that's hilarious.

hes only 7 months old atm so hard to say what sort of toddler he is going to be. but i am with you id rather save the extra cash for spending money etc. are you going this October?
Yeah we are going this October. He will be 17 months when we go but I booked it when he was about three weeks old.
He is now 9 months and is crawling and getting about a lot now. My Daughter will be nearly 4 and Step-Daughter will be almost 17 so we are just planning on walking him up and down on the plane aisle I would imagine whilst my Daughter terrorises the rest of the passengers. Seriously, I just couldn't justify the expense for a seat he is unlikely to sit in for long. When are you going?
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lucyjane45xxx View Post
It might be worth reading along with HappyHaunt1000 latest trip report. They took their daughter Marceline who if I remember rightly was 19 months on their trip just before Xmas - sorry that is all the help I can offer as I don't have any children yet!
where do i find that? thank you
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
Yeah we are going this October. He will be 17 months when we go but I booked it when he was about three weeks old.
He is now 9 months and is crawling and getting about a lot now. My Daughter will be nearly 4 and Step-Daughter will be almost 17 so we are just planning on walking him up and down on the plane aisle I would imagine whilst my Daughter terrorises the rest of the passengers. Seriously, I just couldn't justify the expense for a seat he is unlikely to sit in for long. When are you going?
nothing booked just yet. we are thinking of either june or September, ideally june so he travels for free . he will be 23 months old by then.

how long are you going for? have you taken your daughter before? or is this the first time?
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Potterfan5686 View Post
nothing booked just yet. we are thinking of either june or September, ideally june so he travels for free . he will be 23 months old by then.

how long are you going for? have you taken your daughter before? or is this the first time?
Personally I would definitely so before you have to pay the flight seat but others will have different views. We have only taken Emma to Disneyland Paris when she was 26 months. She loved it which is what made me book this holiday, We have decided on just over three weeks purely so that we could do things at a slower pace of the kids don't get quite so tired and miserable... hopefully!

I have done a pre trip report on here in the last couple of days. Its easy to get carried away and keep adding things!

We have taken our Step=Daughter to florida before but mainly did cruises and no Disney. She was about 9 and 11 on those occasions so I expect this to be completely different but can't wait. The trip report mentioned above is a good one. Think I have read every trip report written in the last two years
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Boyle73
Imagineer

There will be lots of differing views on this one!

We travelled as much as possible before DD turned two, however once she hit 15 months she was just simply awful to travel with and our last flight with her on my lap was a short flight to Tenerife but ended with me covered in milk and basically spending the majority of the flight in tears. There was very little movement space and once the seat in front was put back it became worse and there was no space for her to move in.

After that we booked her a seat, the additional space was a godsend and whilst it’s an extra cost it was worth every penny.

Having extra bodies will help!
Boyle73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
Personally I would definitely so before you have to pay the flight seat but others will have different views. We have only taken Emma to Disneyland Paris when she was 26 months. She loved it which is what made me book this holiday, We have decided on just over three weeks purely so that we could do things at a slower pace of the kids don't get quite so tired and miserable... hopefully!

I have done a pre trip report on here in the last couple of days. Its easy to get carried away and keep adding things!

We have taken our Step=Daughter to florida before but mainly did cruises and no Disney. She was about 9 and 11 on those occasions so I expect this to be completely different but can't wait. The trip report mentioned above is a good one. Think I have read every trip report written in the last two years
i haven't been on here in about 2 years what with not having anything booked and having a baby lol. i have just found the trip report of the travel day sounds very taxing lol.. with there being 5 of us to share him though i can imagine it not being as bad and all of us getting a decent rest from him lol.

I'm thinking june anyway really as our twins go into year 11 at high school in September and they will be on intense revision for gcse and i don't want them to miss out on any of that really.

i was thinking 18 days as we aren't doing Disney this time. so i think 18 days is enough to get the most out of every other park and still be rested for the baby