Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Feb 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Potterfan5686 View Post
i haven't been on here in about 2 years what with not having anything booked and having a baby lol. i have just found the trip report of the travel day sounds very taxing lol.. with there being 5 of us to share him though i can imagine it not being as bad and all of us getting a decent rest from him lol.

I'm thinking june anyway really as our twins go into year 11 at high school in September and they will be on intense revision for gcse and i don't want them to miss out on any of that really.

i was thinking 18 days as we aren't doing Disney this time. so i think 18 days is enough to get the most out of every other park and still be rested for the baby
I'm firmly of the view that kids that age can be damn hard work. They may as well be hard work in the Florida sunshine as hard work sitting at home. I can take 8=9 hours of pain to get there if that's what it becomes. Happy planning
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
arial
Getting Excited

I think every child is different but we took our son to Majorca when he was 19 months and he was not happy about sitting still on our laps and by that age really could have done with his own seat as he was getting too big for our laps. If your little one is generally small and has a calm temperament then they might be ok on laps.

We are taking our son to Florida in May when he will be 2 and 3 months and even though he will have his own seat I'm still dreading the 9 hours of trying to keep him contained!
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
I'm firmly of the view that kids that age can be damn hard work. They may as well be hard work in the Florida sunshine as hard work sitting at home. I can take 8=9 hours of pain to get there if that's what it becomes. Happy planning
thank you, you too
Potterfan5686 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
Originally Posted by arial View Post
I think every child is different but we took our son to Majorca when he was 19 months and he was not happy about sitting still on our laps and by that age really could have done with his own seat as he was getting too big for our laps. If your little one is generally small and has a calm temperament then they might be ok on laps.

We are taking our son to Florida in May when he will be 2 and 3 months and even though he will have his own seat I'm still dreading the 9 hours of trying to keep him contained!
atm he is a baby that doesn't want fussing over. he much rathers to be left alone and hav his own space, he has a routine and sleeps A LOT but that could all change as he is only 7 months old.
Potterfan5686 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer!
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Every child’s different but we went to Canada in August and my youngest was nearly 22 months old and I didn’t pay for a seat. He wriggled abit, got a bit fidgety but it was a lot better than I anticipated! Walked up and down the aisles only once or twice otherwise he was happy to sit on my knee and sleep for s few hours.
I personally wanted to make the most of not having to pay for a flight for him before I would have too haha
DisneyDreamer! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer! View Post
Every child’s different but we went to Canada in August and my youngest was nearly 22 months old and I didn’t pay for a seat. He wriggled abit, got a bit fidgety but it was a lot better than I anticipated! Walked up and down the aisles only once or twice otherwise he was happy to sit on my knee and sleep for s few hours.
I personally wanted to make the most of not having to pay for a flight for him before I would have too haha
that's exactly the reason i was hoping to get it in before he turned 2. only today the twins pointed out it would have to be before September anyway as they are going into year 11 then. so looks like it will probably more than likely be before he is 2. I'm sure we will manage
Old 20 Feb 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tpm76
Trying for More Ears

When i last went over back in 2012 we went with a 23 month old for the exact purpose of not having to pay for a seat either way for her... on reflection if the money wasn't a problem i would always pay for the seat if i was telling anyone else what to do.

Our daughter slept both ways for the first 30 mins then was awake for 8 hours straight both ways and no amount of playing or tending to them keeps them happy for that length of time in my opinion! It did get rather tiresome but i understand all kids are different so who knows... just my experience!
2012 Hilton DoubleTree by Seaworld
2018 Avanti Palms Resort & Conference Centre
tpm76 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We are doing the trip in 10days with a 23month old 4adults to share him about but on the way back just his mum and Dad
As long as we feed him he will be fine we also have a bag packed with books paper crayons duplo etc
Grampa is well prepared to walk up and down with him the whole way as he never sits still anyway
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

We are travelling in May with our three boys , 11 , 9 and 15 months ! I am def nervous about the flight! We are going direct from our local airport with Virgin which is a def help. We didnt get him a seat ...aware we may get moved but at the minute we have two lots of two at the back. Got these for various reasons. We are just planning to take it slow in the parks and also i havnt booked a lot of table service meals...a few are buffets and a couple my hubby and wee one arnt going! Just have to try and go with the flow 😮🤑
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
We are travelling in May with our three boys , 11 , 9 and 15 months ! I am def nervous about the flight! We are going direct from our local airport with Virgin which is a def help. We didnt get him a seat ...aware we may get moved but at the minute we have two lots of two at the back. Got these for various reasons. We are just planning to take it slow in the parks and also i havnt booked a lot of table service meals...a few are buffets and a couple my hubby and wee one arnt going! Just have to try and go with the flow 😮🤑
We've gone for two pairs at the back too and are mainly planning on buffets and family style dining. Can you do a trip report please so I can get tips
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List