Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Feb 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
Ah, trust is in such short supply these days ...I wouldn't normally bother with challenges to provide "proof", I post here to help people and try not to waste my time or other people's on subjects I don't know about. However, I'm feeling charitable this morning, so here you go:

independent/travel/...t-8665863.html

independent/travel/...-a7626771.html

independent/travel/...-a7381506.html

independent/travel/...s-9098537.html

There are more, Google is your friend...
Thank you, you are so kind. Sorry so much to have wasted your precious time. I really feel bad about it
But you have just wasted our time too as none of your examples were for flying to the USA from the UK which is what we are discussing here.

Edited at 02:12 PM.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Thank you, you are so kind. Sorry so much to have wasted your precious time. I really feel bad about it
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
My FIL was up for renewal in July. We go in March and he wouldn't have it so ordered a new passport so have had to do his Esta again.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
But you have just wasted our time too as none of your examples were for flying to the USA from the UK which is what we are discussing here.
You challenged my comment about documented cases, that comment referred to cases within the EU. If it wasn’t relevant, why did you question it?

It shows ground staff erroneously deny boarding based on passport validity, which another poster claimed doesn’t happen.

Edited at 02:22 PM.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

It shows ground staff erroneously deny boarding based on passport validity, which another poster claimed doesn’t happen.
Logical fallacies all over the place here.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Craigybaby
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by amandajane10 View Post
My FIL was up for renewal in July.
How do you renew your FIL? Surely this involves divorce and re-marrying 😂
Craigybaby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
That would be me and I fully stand by my statement. There has never, I repeat never been a single case reported on the dibb of anyone being stopped from traveling to the USA because they had less than 6 months on their UK passport.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mater
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Our last trip to USA in 2015 both my sons and my passport had under 6 months and was fine

Covid happened and a few different holidays then back to Orlando in 2024.

August 2024 - Rosen Shingle Creek / Loews Royal Pacific
Mater is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

It is a basic fact of life that humans make mistakes, some more than others. This should not come as a surprise to anyone. Computers make mistakes too, because humans program them. EVERY single aspect of your holiday could be affected by someone making a mistake (not just passport expiry), but you can't work on the basic that a particular mistake will happen, or you would never get out of bed.

The key thing here is that the OFFICIAL US Govt rules tell you what the situation actually is - less than 6 months remaining is perfectly OK if you are a UK citizen. I've been to the US myself with less, as have others, which proves it is ok.

The Official UK web site also tell you that you can renew your passport up to 9 months early and get that time added to the new passport, so it is perfectly OK to do that too. Both options are valid - it is up to you which you prefer.

Since no-one has identified a Dibber who has been denied access to the US for this reason - and you can search the forum - that is an additional fact.

You must have seen TV quiz programmes where a competitor can 'ask the audience'. How often does the audience get it 100% correct? NEVER - probably 25% wrong. Asking people on social media is just as unreliable. Base your opinions on official information - take anything else with a pinch of salt. Good Dibb responses are those which quote or refer to official information. A lot of the time you can get a proper and full answer by going straight to the official sources.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List