Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
VA upper class

Hi there
We are finally getting around to trying UC in a few weeks time, it will be a day flight rather than a night. We will be doing the return journey only though, can anyone tell us what to expect? In away I’m a bit worried that we won’t k ow what we are doing etc and I don’t know if the stewardesses point out the ‘facts’ lol. Like when to order dinner, drinks etc. Just general stuff really. I expect I’m stressing un necessarily lol
Any help tips would be appreciated thanks
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
Mobile

Is it with Virgin? You don’t have to worry about anything. It’s very relaxed. They will be round to ask what you want for dinner almost as soon as you take off. You’ll get a drink before take off and another straight after. Just enjoy👍
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tutter2
Excited about Disney

No need to worry at all - the cabin crew in our experiences have always been wonderful.
They could never do enough , explain enough or help in any way they could.
Dress as you feel comfortable - I put on my pjs as soon as we are at altitude and this is for a day or night flight lol
You will see and if you wish to , talk to every type of person - wealthy , working class , nice , not so nice but ultimately all normal people no better or worse than anyone else.
Glass of bubbly on arrival and then ask for whatever you fancy or go sit at the bar and chill.
Don’t be afraid to put your bed down - again, there is no law to what YOU wish to do😀
You will love the experience and struggle to want to turn right again lol
I hope you fully enjoy your time in UC -)
Old 23 Feb 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You will be shown to your seat and your steward/ess will come and introduce themselves. You will be offered a drink and given a menu. If it's an overnight flight you will be offered a sleep suit.
They will take your food order from the menu and talk you through anything. They will show you how the seat works and if you wish you set it up as a bed they will do it for you. Don't worry and enjoy the flight!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Thanks everyone you have explained it brilliantly. I’m less worried lol. Really looking forward to our experience. It is with VA and it’s a day flight so will get the full few hours worth of the different cabin. I didn’t want us to go fumbling on looking like ‘a fish out of water’ lol
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We are doing our first UC flight soon, DH doesn't know yet, its a suprise for our 25th Wedding Anniversary, so it's really good to follow this thread. I'm so excited, ours is a day flight also out of Gatwick, so looking forward to experiencing the whole thing

Highlands Reserve-03/West Haven-04/Calabay Park-06/Aviana-07/Legacy Park-08/Watersong & HRH-10
Marco Island 12/SSR 12/Lake Berkley12 / PBH 2015 / SSR 2015 / Solterra 2015 / YC 2018
IlDivoette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Where are you flying from/ to? You may have clubhouse access and arrivals lounge

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Following this as I too am flying Virgin upper for the first time this year. I’m so excited but a little nervous. Ours is a night flight. Can you keep the bed flat even if the seatbelt sign is on (eg. Turbulence)? Do you get bigger pillows than in economy? Will my husband and boys be frowned upon if they board in their shorts and t-shirts? Will my fussy son be able to order something other than the fancy meal they have?
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by I love walmart View Post
Following this as I too am flying Virgin upper for the first time this year. I’m so excited but a little nervous. Ours is a night flight. Can you keep the bed flat even if the seatbelt sign is on (eg. Turbulence)? Do you get bigger pillows than in economy? Will my husband and boys be frowned upon if they board in their shorts and t-shirts? Will my fussy son be able to order something other than the fancy meal they have?
You will be fine doing all of those things. It's a wonderful experience, enjoy!
Old 24 Feb 18, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I was going to post about how it's a flight, you take your seat and lovely people ask if they can get you anything. Everything is a bit nicer, but it's a flight.

Then I remembered the last time we flew Upper and my 6-y-o when asked if he'd like anything to eat responded with "sushi, with lots of avocado maki" and my 70-y-o Mum asked for "egg sandwiches, white bread not brown and the crusts cut off".

So, yes, it seems some people do need pointers about the limits of the hospitality on offer!

I do hope none of your party are driving when you get home as a big part of the fun is enjoy the bar.

You'll have a great time, and won't want to fly any other way again!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List