Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Feb 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile August 2018 off site-what have you booked and sorted?

We’re going in August, staying off site. All very excited 😀 Probably me the most. My husband is just leaving me to it. The inlaws seem happy to leave me to it.

Wondering what everyone has booked and sorted so far and if I’ve forgotten anything or need to add anything to my to do and to buy list!
We ve got flights, esta, insurance,villa, car (fly drive), one night at universal, hotel night before flight booked and I ve booked three on site meals, also booked our tickets. Just need to pay for it all. I ve bought a few clothes for the children and I ve thought about dieting but not quite started that yet! I ve booked a throw away campsite booking to try to get 60 day Fp and magic bands. Arranged delivery to fairy tale shopper.
The children have watched a few vlogs in preparation. My dd is autistic so we like to prepare ourselves. None of the vlogs are keeping their interest for long. Think it’s because it’s adult not children in them.
What have you done? What am I missing?
Thanks
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

We are going in August too, got everything sorted now, started buying my daughter summer clothes, holding back on mine in case I loose weight
Have you booked airport parking?
We were going to drive up to Heathrow in the morning , flying at 1.55pm and hubby is working the previous day til 7pm, but decided we'd go up the night before, so picking him up from work at 7 pm then staying in a Premier inn 20 mins away from Heathrow and hopefully get a decent nights sleep before, rather than leaving at 4.30 am though apparently to drive from Swansea to Heathrow is only 3 hours 15 mins

EDIT to say, our countdowns look the same are you flying the 7th August?

Edited at 10:54 AM.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Little surprise im planning for the family is to get the fairy tale shopper to sort out a gift basket for each person to receive when we arrive.

If any younger girls in your group, bibiddi bobbidi boutique? I got to book that later today.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh lord you are all putting me to shame! I think because this will be our 7th visit I am more relaxed! I have flights, villa & a 7 day cruise sorted but still need to do car hire, park tickets, passport for dd, estas for dd & ds, parking, clothes etc
Old 24 Feb 18, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

This is either our 11th or 12th trip, I’ve lost count!
I’ve got villa and fly drive sorted. Esta is still valid and we have annual insurance.

However, we both lost our jobs in December and that’s where we’ve stalled on our planning. I’m a teacher so working supply to pay the bills and hubby starts his new job tonight. When he closed his business at the beginning of Jan we sold absolutely everything that we could from the bar so we do have a lump to fall back on but we’re desperately trying not to use that as it’s our lifeline. I have a couple of interviews next week so fingers crossed
Old 24 Feb 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

I’ve booked flights, villa, car hire, insurance, Disney tickets, hotel for the night we land, kennels for the dogs. Waiting on a passport to sort the Estas, tracking prices at the Premier Inn at Gatwick and keep checking Trainline for the train down (bought a new railcard yesterday).
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshie35
Excited about Disney

We go August 6th with Virgin from Manchester.
Got the flights and accommodation sorted, ESTA's, insurance, ADR's all sorted.
Tickets to buy and Fast passes.
Still deciding between hiring a car and using uber etc to get around.
Our DD is also autistic and has Cerebral Palsy and epilepsy so we are trying to weigh up what's best for her.

Good luck with the interviews Hannah.

Hope you all have a great time.

Edited at 11:37 AM.
Welshie35 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
space cadet
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
We are going in August too, got everything sorted now, started buying my daughter summer clothes, holding back on mine in case I loose weight
Have you booked airport parking?
We were going to drive up to Heathrow in the morning , flying at 1.55pm and hubby is working the previous day til 7pm, but decided we'd go up the night before, so picking him up from work at 7 pm then staying in a Premier inn 20 mins away from Heathrow and hopefully get a decent nights sleep before, rather than leaving at 4.30 am though apparently to drive from Swansea to Heathrow is only 3 hours 15 mins

EDIT to say, our countdowns look the same are you flying the 7th August?
Sorry to hijack the thread!
Also going in August and also from Swansea! I know quite a few going around the same time too! We ll have to have a jack / dibb meet up! 😂😂😂
Old 24 Feb 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
LaraB
Apprentice Imagineer

LaraB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
This is my 13th visit and I'm still planning with detail, it's part of the Orlando experience. My hubby leaves it to me too

We've got flights, estas, insurance, villa, car, tickets, car parking, cattery, not sorted spending money yet. Also not paid for most things yet apart from the flights, still have to pay the others off. I've got certain clothing for the kids eg Nasa tshirt for Kennedy, Star Wars Tshirts, etc. I like us to match as much as possible the park we're visiting. I've booked a throw away campsite booking too. First time we've done this. Recently booked a few ADRs including Beauty and the Beast new dinner menu - hoping there will be something for the kids! Will also try and book MNSSHP for one of the dates in August when they are released. Started exercising too to prepare for all that walking - but not dieting, I like my food too much.

How much was your hotel for Universal, presumably you get early entry or some sort of fastpass type tickets?
Lindfields 2008 Coronado Springs 2010,
Lindfields 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2022
LaraB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
This is either our 11th or 12th trip, I’ve lost count!
I’ve got villa and fly drive sorted. Esta is still valid and we have annual insurance.

However, we both lost our jobs in December and that’s where we’ve stalled on our planning. I’m a teacher so working supply to pay the bills and hubby starts his new job tonight. When he closed his business at the beginning of Jan we sold absolutely everything that we could from the bar so we do have a lump to fall back on but we’re desperately trying not to use that as it’s our lifeline. I have a couple of interviews next week so fingers crossed
Best of luck for the interview and your husbands new job. We’re dipping (probably bigger than just dipping in) into our ‘emergency pot’ Our plan is to replenish it.
This is only our second trip, first one I’ve organised.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List