Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Feb 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Spooks Dad
Very Serious Dibber

Fast Pass - Planned Approach

We are staying onsite for the first 11 days of our 3 week stay in August. Obviously it is still a time away but I have planned my approach for Fast Passes. Are there any obvious errors / things I should reconsider?

Day 1 - Magic Kingdom - SDMT (11-12) Big Thunder (2-3) Space Mountain (3-4)
Day 2 - Hollywood Studios - TSM (1-2), ToT (2-3), Star Tours (3-4)
Day 3 - Epcot - Soarin (11-12), Spaceship Earth (12-1), Journey into the Imagination (1-2)
Day 4 - Blizzard Beach
Day 5 - Animal Kingdom - FOP (10-11), Dinosaur (3-4), Primeval Whirl (4-5)
Day 6 - Typhoon Lagoon
Day 7 - Epcot - Frozen Ever After (12-1), Character Spot (1-2), Seas with Nemo (2-3)
Day 8 - Hollywood Studio - TSM (1-2), ToT (2-3), Star Tours (3-4)
Day 9 - Magic Kingdom - SDMT (2-3), Winnie the Pooh (3-4), P of the C (4-5)
Day 10 - Animal Kingdom - River Journey (10-11), Everest (1-2), Kali Rapids (2-3)
Spooks Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I would make your day 1 FPs earlier. Then if the jet lag hits early afternoon, you're not forcing yourself to stick around to make the FP. But if you have the energy, it will be early enough after using the 3rd to potentially pick up 4+ passes for other rides.

I'm a fan of early FPs anyway, but particularly the first few days when you may not be up to all day touring.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Why such a big gap on Day 5? Also, do you have lunch planned for the gap on Day 1?

I find using the FP as close together as possible allows the chance to book more. Also, it avoids hanging around / trying to fill the gap when you may have long wait times for other attractions.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Spooks Dad
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I would make your day 1 FPs earlier. Then if the jet lag hits early afternoon, you're not forcing yourself to stick around to make the FP. But if you have the energy, it will be early enough after using the 3rd to potentially pick up 4+ passes for other rides.

I'm a fan of early FPs anyway, but particularly the first few days when you may not be up to all day touring.
Thank you loldis, that is a good idea on Day 1. We have picked MK because it is an EMH so it is possible that we might get tired. Previously I have always done afternoon FP thinking that the parks are busiest in the afternoon would you disagree? For Day 1 my plan was to go to Space Mountain at rope drop, then do Buzz Lightyear and Tomorrow land until the first FP at 11am. Then do Fantasy Land and Liberty Square until the afternoon FPs.

We weren't planning on staying in the park after our last fast pass.
Spooks Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Spooks Dad
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Why such a big gap on Day 5?
I had to refer to my book as I couldn't remember!

I had planned for us to get to the park at rope drop and go straight to Navi River Journey to queue up and then use the first FP afterwards on FOP.

Also, do you have lunch planned for the gap on Day 1?
No, we don't plan our meals and never have ADRs. We are on Disney Dining Plan and tend to have a big breakfast and then a quick service lunch in the afternoon.

I find using the FP as close together as possible allows the chance to book more. Also, it avoids hanging around / trying to fill the gap when you may have long wait times for other attractions.
I have tried to predict where we will go first in each of the parks and put the FP for the time we will be there.
Old 25 Feb 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The parks are busier in the afternoons however I book my FPs for when I want to use them, rather than wait for when I think the crowds are at their worst. Admittedly I'm not a big ride person so don't have a long list of them but I tend to do all the rides I want first thing and use the more crowded times for things that aren't queue specific - wandering, parades/shows, etc. Or more likely, escaping for an afternoon break.

MK has a lot of FP available rides though, so it's one park where I'd always schedule early as you have a high chance of picking up extra FPs in the afternoon. Probably not to the headliners, but checking right now (2pm EST) there are 15 of 25 FP attractions still with availability today - quite a few of them within the next hour.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Are you planning to be in the parks early? If so I'd book them earlier, probably 9.30 for the first window starting, so you can get more once you use the first three. After 10 most queues will be getting longer.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Also do you want to do Splash Mountain? I'd FP that rather than Winnie the Pooh or Pirates which are easy to get on the day as 4th+ FPs
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d also do some fp for the evening of day 4&6 in case you finish early at the water parks and want to go to a park in the evening
AK is lovely at night, fop night the me safari?

I’d also try and start your first fp around 10 and definitely earlier on your first day
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Spooks Dad
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
The parks are busier in the afternoons however I book my FPs for when I want to use them, rather than wait for when I think the crowds are at their worst. Admittedly I'm not a big ride person so don't have a long list of them but I tend to do all the rides I want first thing and use the more crowded times for things that aren't queue specific - wandering, parades/shows, etc. Or more likely, escaping for an afternoon break.

MK has a lot of FP available rides though, so it's one park where I'd always schedule early as you have a high chance of picking up extra FPs in the afternoon. Probably not to the headliners, but checking right now (2pm EST) there are 15 of 25 FP attractions still with availability today - quite a few of them within the next hour.
That is a really good idea. When I last went (2009) I didn't have access to the app in the parks. Was the wifi not as good back then? So therefore booking further FP on the hoof was not an option. Is the wifi in the parks now good enough to do this?