Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jul 08, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Big Mistake

Okay so i'm not sure i can comment as we are going to Florida for the first time in August but we are a honeymoon couple and to be honest an area where i can escape from children for a night or two...or 14! sounds like bliss to me.
Do disney know City Walk exists? Because in speaking to alot of people i know about this who are regular Disney'ers they recon they will head to City Walk instead now.
Not everyone who goes to Disney has kids in tow. Do they have a Disney babysitting service in DTD? If not why didn't they think of that to give the adults a break and enjoy some adult company for a change? Just because your parents doesn't mean you can't have some alone time. Just an idea Disney if you haven't already had it...

Jude

P.S. I will gladly take any royalties for the babysitting idea hahaha
Old 5 Jul 08, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
flumpsmum
Apprentice Imagineer

I can see your point & i think that the more popular clubs should have stayed & perhaps made the others more family friendly. I may be in the minority here, but... when i'm on holiday i like to have my kids with me I wouldn't want to put them in a kids club etc just because when we're at home i don't feel like i spend enough time with DD & DS, so our holiday for us is 'family time' & we're looking forward to the changes at DTD.
flumpsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 08, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by flumpsmum View Post
I can see your point & i think that the more popular clubs should have stayed & perhaps made the others more family friendly. I may be in the minority here, but... when i'm on holiday i like to have my kids with me I wouldn't want to put them in a kids club etc just because when we're at home i don't feel like i spend enough time with DD & DS, so our holiday for us is 'family time' & we're looking forward to the changes at DTD.
Well, you'll probably enjoy it more now that they're not forcing you to put your kids into a kids' club any more then, the way that they did previously?

Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding your sentiment and they didn't actually enforce this before, instead giving people the option as to whether or not they wanted to spend time at Pleasure Island. (I know that personally it's never appealed, and as such I've opted not to spend time there myself. Hm...)

Edited at 07:58 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 08, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post

change is good as to keep things exactly the same can get abit stale and new ideas are needed as we all look for new things to do ! imsure once all thechanges have happened it will be abig improvement
Old 5 Jul 08, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
flumpsmum
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, we never did put the kids into kid's clubs (nothing wrong with that though if thats what anyone wants to do), we just stayed away from DTD in the evening. I think there were some places that you can have your children with you & some that have age restriction, or maybe i'm mistaken?
flumpsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 08, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post

I think its kind of sad that they're closing PI, it was nice to have somewhere different to go and it was nice to have somewhere which was more adult orientated for a change. The new places sound good, but I'm with some of the people who commented before, I hope they have somewhere is more for adults! I have nothing against children, just sometimes its nice to be just grown ups.
Old 9 Jul 08, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post

I am absolutely DEVASTATED!

There are no other words...

{sniff}

We have has such great times there on our visits, I can`t even begin to think of life without `THE ADVENTURERS CLUB` , in fact im not even going to think about it... DOH! there I go , thinking about it again.

I`m not as saddened by some of the other parts of PI as I will have to admit it`s been in gradual decline for a few years , BUT I think this is entirely of Disneys doing and people shouldn`t be surprised by many sad supporters of PI who loved the place and enjoyed the night-time fun and frolics being in despair.

We spent my wifes b`day there in 2005 in `8trax` and it was a fantastic night.not so for Dad-in-law who babysat 4 screaming kids...ahem.Top bloke.

I hope `The Adventurers Club` idea / ethos will live on somewhere else or in another guise as I truely believe there is plenty of scope to make a family friendly version , after all it was never too over the top and only some of the humor was slightly risque. We have witnesed many 7 - 16 yr olds in there at the start of the evening with thier families having a great time.

I think the fact that it was :-

a/ called a "CLUB" and
b/ in PI

put many people off and they never got to sample its unique and amazingly interactive brand of fun.

I know im waffling on but today...I felt some great memories put their flags at half-mast...

(was that dramatic enough...)

Im gonna have a tipple for `The Adventurers Club` tonight and raise a glass and declare:-

KUNGALOOSH!

all the very best

F00

Old 9 Jul 08, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
derynifan
Imagineer

derynifan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Well we are all gutted here. We never went to any of the others, but the Adventurers Club will be sadly missed. We introduced DD (then 9) to it last time, and she loved it so much we had to spend another evening there.
derynifan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 08, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post

well what do think on that we had made some plans to go to some nightclubs this time and it shuts the day we get there
Old 12 Jul 08, 04:03 AM  
Link to this Post

The shock hit the fan when I read this!. Universal have one (or more) over on Disney now. Pleasure island was empty both times we went in recent years. So it is no surprise its been demolished. What does surprse me is the closure of Adventurers Club and The Comedy Club! Both always full or close to it.

It needs a revamp but complete closure is a kick in the teeth. Where do you go for a night out now? CITYWALK. woops

I seen they guys doing the surveys, they targeted families, not the singles couples and 18-30's. Of course they will get negative feedback! Hopefully Disney will re imagine a better nightlife area. But removing some clubs spells disaster. Disney need a nightclub for people to dance.

Maybe they will open a new area on the western front?