Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jun 14, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Picked up our car on 14th and returned 30th May and used save time.

We had the printout with barcode on. Straight to garage, didn't even stop at rental desk.

Manager in the car park, had a quick look at the printout and directed us to our row.

Picked a mid size suv from a range of about 15 cars (some models the same of course, just different colours/spec)

Drove to the exit where they scanned everything and checked driving licences.

Offered us the pre-paid option, no hard sell.

Sent us on our way.

Was pretty easy and from garage to exit was no more than 5 minutes I would say.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
budgie6741
Imagineer

I did savetime in April and went strait to garage they looked at paperwork told me to pick what car i wanted and go to exit were i gave the lady on the booth my paperwork and credit card and licences and i was on my way.
from getting off the aircraft to leaving the car park it took us 55mins
California 2003/2008/2013
Chatham Park 2004/2005
Creekside 2006/2007/2008/2010/2011/2012/2013
Las Vegas 2009/2010/2013
Seasons 2009
Hawaii 2003/2013
budgie6741 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
fynnon
Excited about Disney

fynnon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
From reading the replies here, it seems that (correct me if I am wrong) if you have confirmation email with the barcode attached, you go straight to the garage avoiding the desk,otherwise - tuff luck! , you have to queue up and get the hard sell.
For those fortunate enough to get said email and barcode, I wonder might it be that you are repeat customers and they have all your passport/ licence details on record? just wondering.
1990 HoJo 192 ,1994 MIC Lakefront ,1997 Bass Lakes villa,2005 Formosa gdns villa,2007 Marriot courtyard, Vineland ,2009 HoJo 192 ,2011 Rosen @ Pointe Orlando, 2014. Rosen @ pointe Orlando.2015 Venice/sarasota Shingle Creek/Venice 2016.

fynnon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
fynnon
Excited about Disney

fynnon's Reviews
I have just sent Alamo a message via facebook and ended up with another different answer:

''I have a car booked through rentalcars.com for 14 days in Fla. I would like to use the 'savetime' facility that a number of my friends have used in the past and will be when we are there with them, they have also booked their cars through rentalcars.com, my problem is that when I completed 'savetime' I have been told to 'proceed to the counter to collect keys and agreement', my friends on the otherhand have all got emails telling them that they can avoid the counter and go straight to the garage to collect their cars, I would like to know why this does'nt apply to me?''

The reply I got was:

''To qualify for Quick Rent (QR), a reservation must:

- Not include a coupon(s)

- Not include special equipment

- Be paid for with a credit card (in the renter's name)

- Not exceed 30 days... ''

Another different response from Alamo!
1990 HoJo 192 ,1994 MIC Lakefront ,1997 Bass Lakes villa,2005 Formosa gdns villa,2007 Marriot courtyard, Vineland ,2009 HoJo 192 ,2011 Rosen @ Pointe Orlando, 2014. Rosen @ pointe Orlando.2015 Venice/sarasota Shingle Creek/Venice 2016.

fynnon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
bubbleand
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by juneandpeter View Post
Did you get different paperwork when you went back to the desk? or the same as you normally get at the barrier. Maybe it was the person not the system we have all met them.
Paperwork was different format, but had similar information on it, bar the rental rates in dollars for extensions. The person who met us in the garage asked to see paperwork as we arrived, because it said go the desk he wasn't prepared to let us get car. I asked for the premium line and he insisted on seeing paperwork.
I was a bit annoyed at the time, and wanted to avoid desk as have car booked with Alamo in August used this as a trial.
bubbleand is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 14, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by fynnon View Post
I have just sent Alamo a message via facebook and ended up with another different answer:

''I have a car booked through rentalcars.com for 14 days in Fla. I would like to use the 'savetime' facility that a number of my friends have used in the past and will be when we are there with them, they have also booked their cars through rentalcars.com, my problem is that when I completed 'savetime' I have been told to 'proceed to the counter to collect keys and agreement', my friends on the otherhand have all got emails telling them that they can avoid the counter and go straight to the garage to collect their cars, I would like to know why this does'nt apply to me?''

The reply I got was:

''To qualify for Quick Rent (QR), a reservation must:

- Not include a coupon(s)

- Not include special equipment

- Be paid for with a credit card (in the renter's name)

- Not exceed 30 days... ''

Another different response from Alamo!
IT does apply to you as long as you have done Savetime and have the Barcode you can go stright to the garage. Lots of people think they need to go to the desk to pick up you keys this changed years ago, ask anyone who as been to MCO lately the keys are in the cars and you just pick one from your group.
Old 3 Jun 14, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
fynnon
Excited about Disney

fynnon's Reviews
AN UPDATE: I received an email from Alamo MCO, apparently if you book your car with a 3rd party using a debit card you will not be abale to use savetime.

Old 3 Jun 14, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by fynnon View Post
AN UPDATE: I received an email from Alamo MCO, apparently if you book your car with a 3rd party using a debit card you will not be abale to use savetime.
WRONG I have booked with a 3rd party most times and have never used anything other than a Debit card always done Savetime it's worked the last 6 trips. One more point American Debit Cards are not like ours.Alamo will not help you why would they, They want you to spend more money at the desk. The Reason Savetime/OLCI was introduced was because the Americans were sick of waiting and Virgin rentals had a special deal.
Old 3 Jun 14, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Stitch73 View Post
We did ours last week
Thanks! Will do ours this weekend
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 14, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Juneandpeter

Thanks for staying on top of all these Alamo SaveTime threads - there are quite a few !

I reserved through eBookers.ie with an Irish debit card and I have managed to do SaveTime and I now have the all important eItinerary Alamo Confirmation Barcode

All though there is also paragraphs telling me variously to go to a kiosk or counter to get rental agreement and keys; I'll be going straight to the garage like you have advised us all to do

I will also have my eBookers voucher showing I have paid for FFAR (Full Size SUV) and will not be fobbed off with less because they have blended the classes and cars in the rows. I will also be careful not to take more than I have booked without a clear understanding that I will not be billed later for the upgrade
Closed Thread