Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Mar 16, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy34
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
No,just done mine,absolutely no need,just printed off new booking confirmation,when I went to skip the counter bit,it just said,in a word or two,almost done,which in fact it was done,jobs a belter 45 smackers in credit,many thank op, bondy
Ooh...cheers for the reply... I'm buzzing my little cheeks off... ...so glad I don't have to faff and do it again..
Lindfields 2005, Hillcrest 2008, Sunset Ridge 2009, Windwood Bay 2011, Terrace Ridge 2013, Dallas Texas 2013, Bridgewater Crossing 2014, Terrace Ridge and Siesta Key June 2015, Siesta Key Nov 2015, Terrace Ridge June 2016, Sarasota Oct 2016, Sarasota and Siesta Key July 2017, Sarasota Oct 2017, Siesta Key June 2018, Siesta Key...Key West..Orlando Nov 2018, Siesta Key..Key West...Sarasota June 2019, Sarasota Oct 2019, Sarasota March 2020,
Tracy34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Thanks, just upgraded 2 of my bookings, 1 to a convertible

I only changed them all a week ago, they're making a lot of price drops at the moment.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Eventually found a phone no on the Virgin atlantic car hire site to ring though it seems that its provided by Virgin holidays so rang that number. Said on the website it was open til 9pm, rang at 8.45 went through god knows how many of the "press 1 for bla bla" and then at the very end told me they weren't open and shut at 7pm even though the site said 9. Busy tomo hopefully I'll get chance to ring them and that the Brits price hasn't shot up by then.

Cheers for the OP for posting.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by disneyoli View Post
Eventually found a phone no on the Virgin atlantic car hire site to ring though it seems that its provided by Virgin holidays so rang that number. Said on the website it was open til 9pm, rang at 8.45 went through god knows how many of the "press 1 for bla bla" and then at the very end told me they weren't open and shut at 7pm even though the site said 9. Busy tomo hopefully I'll get chance to ring them and that the Brits price hasn't shot up by then.

Cheers for the OP for posting.
I'll be interested to know how you get on. We deliberately didn't book car hire with our VH package as we prefer to go through Brits, but this year Brits was more expensive. We added to our VH package a few weeks after booking so may now be stuck with it without paying a cancellation fee. We did this through one of their stores as trying to do it over the phone was hopeless and they did say at the time any amendments were subject to a fee.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post

i have to book our car hire, we normally collect from the swan / dolphin, can you do that with brits alamo ? ? ?

looking at 18 oct to 29 Oct but back to MCO
Old 25 Mar 16, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post

its late, i will give it a go in the morn
Old 25 Mar 16, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
i have to book our car hire, we normally collect from the swan / dolphin, can you do that with brits alamo ? ? ?

Yes you can do what you want with Brits. Tick City instead of Aiport in the 'pick up location' and then scroll down to Orlando Disney Dolphin.
You then select 'drop at different location' to get the Airport bit you want

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post

That's what we're doing. We have a one day hire also returning there then another one day returning to port canaveral followed by a collection at port canaveral returning to mco
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 22
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for posting! We've rented with Alamo 5 times now and frequently amend after booking to save some money. I've amended our car class twice already since booking for his August way back last August! We've got a 7 seat minivan for 3 weeks so I just had a quick check but the current price is over £300 more than we've paid!
Lou1982 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Ronniesmom
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just cancelled my car hire with a different company and booked alamo brits instead. Saved about £50. Thanks! Probably wouldn't have even bothered to look at prices again without this thread.
Ronniesmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread