Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Jun 16, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Now we only have a one day hire going to Pine Island and a two day on the return I don't encounter 'admin errors' (cough!) or hard sell tactics. As you know MrT, I use Budget also ensuring our initial, desk issued, contract has $0 on the bottom before taking the motor.
Chris. My aim is to get money off them, not the other way around!

I had a quick chat with the Manager in Summer 14 as the Cadillac we had had electrical faults. Not a big issue but the cool seats didn't work and the tyre pressure warning lights were defective.
He gave me a comp for a tank of fuel and a voucher for another tank of fuel the next time we hired which was 7 weeks later.

I think he was gobsmacked as I was polite and not shouting!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
rhino
Excited about Disney

I hope to hear from them soon but as I did not get a receipt I don't hold out much hope .
rhino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rhino View Post
I hope to hear from them soon but as I did not get a receipt I don't hold out much hope .
Unfortunately this may be the case rhino - if you don't have your petrol receipt (do you per chance?) you can't prove you filled up the tank... I'm guessing charge may be for a tank of fuel plus admin charge.

There again you may get lucky and Alamo believe you did fill up. Good luck!
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

rhino that sounds like a similar amount we had for the fuel/tax/surcharges etc costs from Alamo. What package did you book with them? We normally bring the car back empty rather than full.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Chris. My aim is to get money off them, not the other way around!

I had a quick chat with the Manager in Summer 14 as the Cadillac we had had electrical faults. Not a big issue but the cool seats didn't work and the tyre pressure warning lights were defective.
He gave me a comp for a tank of fuel and a voucher for another tank of fuel the next time we hired which was 7 weeks later.

I think he was gobsmacked as I was polite and not shouting!
They appreciate polite customers. Picked up a Focus in May at the tiny Cape Coral office, noticing a canny dent in the wing - manager gave me a pink slip outlining the damage to show at MCO. Canny lad at MCO shrugged it off, no interest, confirmed mileage, full tank, printed a $0 receipt and moved onto the next vehicle. I think they're so busy with cars arriving into MCO/SFD their checks are mainly limited to miles on the motor, full/empty tank and sign off.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
They appreciate polite customers. Picked up a Focus in May at the tiny Cape Coral office, noticing a canny dent in the wing - manager gave me a pink slip outlining the damage to show at MCO. Canny lad at MCO shrugged it off, no interest, confirmed mileage, full tank, printed a $0 receipt and moved onto the next vehicle. I think they're so busy with cars arriving into MCO/SFD their checks are mainly limited to miles on the motor, full/empty tank and sign off.
Chris. The problem with rentals is people dont report stuff on their return hence it goes back out with a problem.

I always give the Alamo guys any issue I have found and they write on the rear offside window with a chinagraph pencil all the faults. That way the service guys fix it.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Chris. The problem with rentals is people dont report stuff on their return hence it goes back out with a problem.

I always give the Alamo guys any issue I have found and they write on the rear offside window with a chinagraph pencil all the faults. That way the service guys fix it.
People don't report damage as they believe they'll get stung for it, understandable. Manager unaware of the Focus wing dent, their cars are shipped in, I believe, from RSW, how that was missed is a surprise.
Old 28 Jun 16, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinmac1
Apprentice Imagineer

Given that I was planning to pre-pay fuel I am worried that $90 seems a lot for one tankful even if the OP had returned it empty which he didn't?
Pinmac1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BGB
slightly serious Dibber

Pretty common with car hire companies.
I used to get these all the time when hiring cars with work. A quick call to customer services and proof you had a sign off from the drop of agent usually makes them refund you. If they are a bit iffy about it inform them you will take it up with credit card company.
The sign off sheet is enough proof for the Card company and they remove the amount while they investigate. When it happened to me and i took this route it never re appeared on my card

Chris

July 1980 - WDW Idrive hotel, Sept 1997 - DLC Anaheim Hotel, Oct 2001 - Universal Orlando Idrive Hotel, Feb & Jun 2007 - Disneyland Paris Disney Hotels, Jul 2012 - Terra Verde Villa and WDW Jul 2016 - Terra Verde Villa & Universal

Edited at 02:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
BGB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BGB
slightly serious Dibber

NEVER prepay fuel. and take a pic of the fuel gauge when you drop it off.
Make a show of doing it when the agent is checking over the car. Walk round with him too keeping the pickup slip in view. They are less likely to "make things up" than if you were to be rushing to get your flight.

July 1980 - WDW Idrive hotel, Sept 1997 - DLC Anaheim Hotel, Oct 2001 - Universal Orlando Idrive Hotel, Feb & Jun 2007 - Disneyland Paris Disney Hotels, Jul 2012 - Terra Verde Villa and WDW Jul 2016 - Terra Verde Villa & Universal
BGB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread