Notices

Old 16 Jan 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by PMDis15 View Post
Haha yeah it does sound like you are! It’s worth it. We did contemplate going twice this year but money and too many other things we want to do changed our minds.

That’s a beautiful proposal! Did you have any idea?
I’ll slide it into conversation with OH haha!
Nope no idea bless him, he did good!x
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
PMDis15
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by arosiem View Post
I’ll slide it into conversation with OH haha!
Nope no idea bless him, he did good!x
Bless him - sounds like he did a good job 😊

Let me know what you decide on MNSSHP - I saw they released dates for August the other day so hopefully the rest of them won’t be too far behind. I want to get the dates before ADR day so we don’t have to rearrange to much.

My OH and I discussed renting a canoe at Fort Wilderness today - trying to experience other things Disney has to offer. You done anything like that on site?
Old 17 Jan 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by PMDis15 View Post
Bless him - sounds like he did a good job 😊

Let me know what you decide on MNSSHP - I saw they released dates for August the other day so hopefully the rest of them won’t be too far behind. I want to get the dates before ADR day so we don’t have to rearrange to much.

My OH and I discussed renting a canoe at Fort Wilderness today - trying to experience other things Disney has to offer. You done anything like that on site?
I will!

We haven’t! That sounds so much fun though.
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
PMDis15
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by arosiem View Post
I will!

We haven’t! That sounds so much fun though.
Doesn’t it? Trying to do a few other things so we’re not in the parks for the full 3 weeks - don’t want to burn out haha!
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

I have just found this. What an amazing trip last time with the proposal ! There was no where else you could possibly have gone for your Honeymoon after that!

Funnily enough we honeymooned in Disney and stayed in AKL back in 2016. Oh and I've been studying law for the last 4 years so feel your pain on that one too!

I can't wait to follow along with your updates - I'm off to find your last mini trippie from last time too now
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
I have just found this. What an amazing trip last time with the proposal ! There was no where else you could possibly have gone for your Honeymoon after that!

Funnily enough we honeymooned in Disney and stayed in AKL back in 2016. Oh and I've been studying law for the last 4 years so feel your pain on that one too!

I can't wait to follow along with your updates - I'm off to find your last mini trippie from last time too now
Aw thank you! I know that’s what we thought, it was the only logical choice haha!

Aw really?! Was it amazing?

Oh it’s so stressful isn’t it! Are you at the end of your studies now? Where did you study?

Thank you for following along! I hope you found my mini trippie ok. I only ever use the dibb on my phone so I struggle to link and generally navigate hahaha!x
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Another little update 23/02/2020:

We’ve been undecided thus far as to whether we want to do universal and buy the full tickets. We’ve still not yet fully decided (I imagine this will end up being booked shortly because I reaaaaally want to ride hagrid) whether to just buy an on the day ticket when there.
We have however, just booked our HHN tickets! Eeeep. We booked through Floridatix, think it was about £68 each with a free night. We did this last time and had plenty of time to get round everything, so we’re really excited to get back there.
I know HHN isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but we thought it was SO much fun and so it was on our must do list this time.

We have also booked our plane seats! We actually booked the going-there seats right after we booked flights, and managed to get the last two bubble seats.
Then last night, laying in bed I suddenly went ‘CRAP. RETURN FLIGHT SEATS!’
And queue the mad panic to get online and book them. Anyone else really struggle with Virgin Atlantic’s website on their phones? It just doesn’t work for me at all!
I actually sent FLD into a bit of a panic - as he’s not a good flyer, it was very important we were sat together, and he really wanted the bubble as he found it a more relaxing environment.
So, get online and we manage, once again, to get the last two seats together!
The honeymoon gods seem to be smiling at us at the minute.

Sorry I’ve been rubbish at updating this. If I’m honest my full planning brain has gone into the wedding, not the honeymoon. I did sit down and do a draft itinerary though, so I will post that hopefully in the next few days.
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Lovely to see you again.

The thing is there's no rush to book Universal tickets, you know that you'll be able to get tickets anyway I'm so jealous of HHN, I would love to do it, but not on my own

Yay for the seats! I managed to find 5 for us on the outbound journey the other day but Mr Grump can't justify the £175 cost for us and I'm a little in agreement, if it was just the 2 of us maybe I've had such a chew on with Virgin on my phone too and the app isn't much more reliable either!

Looking forward to seeing the itinerary X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Lovely to see you again.

The thing is there's no rush to book Universal tickets, you know that you'll be able to get tickets anyway I'm so jealous of HHN, I would love to do it, but not on my own

Yay for the seats! I managed to find 5 for us on the outbound journey the other day but Mr Grump can't justify the £175 cost for us and I'm a little in agreement, if it was just the 2 of us maybe I've had such a chew on with Virgin on my phone too and the app isn't much more reliable either!

Looking forward to seeing the itinerary X
I’m going to have to do a huge catch up on your plans! Your holiday is so so close now!

I know that’s what we thought about universal - No rush to decide at all! Aw no! Well if we’re ever there at the same time again you’re more than welcome to come along haha - we can have a dibb HHN trip!

Oh gosh it is so expensive isn’t it! It really does start adding up when there’s more than two of you, which is a shame really as it’d be fab for you!xx
Old 6 Apr 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Update 06/04/2020

So, I’m still clinging to our dreams of an October wedding & disneymoon. Obviously at the minute it’s a long way off and nobody knows what the future will hold but we’re so hoping that everything has calmed down by then.
If not, and we have to rearrange everything - so be it.
Our main concern is that our wedding will get rearranged but flights will be operating.
If that’s the case, then we’ll still go on our holiday as we can’t afford to lose the flight money, however we’ll ask Disney to postpone our booking for a year (potentially losing the DDP - sigh) and try and get a cheap ID hotel. If we do it this way, we won’t be doing Disney and probably not universal either. Which sucks, massively, but we will use it to explore the non-park element of Florida which will be fun.

But, in the wishful-ness that we will still be going ahead, I booked ADR’s today! Eeeeeek.

We managed to get everything we wanted (albeit with a bit of rearranging) and I managed to get it booked whilst working from home (shhhh, don’t tell!) FLD did offer to do it, however in his words ‘I’m clueless and will end up messing it up’
Something not worth risking IMO. 😂

So, we have:

04/10 - BoG lunch/brunch
08/10 - Narcoossee’s
09/10 - Chef Art Smiths Homecomin’
10/10 - Yak & Yeti lunch, Tiffins tea
11/10 - Le Cellier
12/10 - Jiko
13/10 - sci-fi diner lunch (FLD’s request) and ‘Ohana tea

Then I have pencilled in Yachtsman for 16/10 but I couldn’t book that yet.

I have been feeling pretty bummed about the entire situation and doing this this morning has really given me a boost! I get my concerns at the minute are very much minuscule in the grand scheme of things however I’ve poured my heart into planning this wedding and the uncertainty is just disheartening. I am however very aware that no matter what I will get my day & honeymoon eventually so I’m trying to suck it up!

Everybody ready? 1...2...3... ‘get a grip Rosie!’ 😂

Hope you are all coping well and staying safe!