Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jan 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Totally wrong I’m afraid
Fair enough if I’m wrong, but 2 years ago I was working selling Florida holidays and we had a client refused entry as the passport validity was not 6 months. It may have changed since then and if that’s the case I apologise for misleading anyone. I personally wouldn’t take the risk.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Taz123 View Post
Fair enough if I’m wrong, but 2 years ago I was working selling Florida holidays and we had a client refused entry as the passport validity was not 6 months. It may have changed since then and if that’s the case I apologise for misleading anyone. I personally wouldn’t take the risk.
The rules were the same 2 years ago. They were more likely to have been refused entry due to not having a valid esta or visa. Or maybe they didn’t have a British passport.

Travel agents routinely tell people they need 6 months as that their policy. It’s easier for them to say that then go through any caveats, ie indirect travel, different nationalities of their customers.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

That is absolutely incorrect. Even a couple of years ago. Hubby and I and our 3 kids travelled Oct '18, all with less than 6 months validity, and flew indirect through Atlanta. All was perfectly OK. You do not, and have not needed (I wouldn't say ever, but not in recent history) 6 months on your UK passport to travel to the US.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
6 months on the passport is a must for USA. It’s advisable for Europe but a definite for the US.
You could not be more wrong. Its dreadful advice. Sorry but to post something no matter how much good faith you meant you really need to check your facts.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
You may very well have had that. Howver in no way was it a UK passport. Not every country enjoys the 6 month waiver.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
The rules were the same 2 years ago. They were more likely to have been refused entry due to not having a valid esta or visa. Or maybe they didn’t have a British passport.

Travel agents routinely tell people they need 6 months as that their policy. It’s easier for them to say that then go through any caveats, ie indirect travel, different nationalities of their customers.
As you say Travel Agents just tell everyone that they need 6 months grace because it's an easy and lazy response.

I've posted that USA DHL link maybe 50 times since I've been on the DIBB. As recently as two or three days ago when VH and Tui were telling Dibbers the same inaccurate facts.

Scores of Dibbers have reported travelling with only 3 or 4 weeks on their passports. It's a fact confirmed by the USA DHL, USA Embassy in the UK and also the UK Gov site. No "just to be on the safe side" about the question.

Mick
Old 26 Jan 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
You could not be more wrong. Its dreadful advice. Sorry but to post something no matter how much good faith you meant you really need to check your facts.
Actually I posted based on personal experience from 2 years ago and apologised if things had changed and I was wrong. I didn’t want the OP to have a similar situation. Didn’t realise this group was so aggressive. Apologies for any offence misleading someone.
Old 26 Jan 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MrFish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Don't worry Taz there are many check in staff and people that sell holidays etc who still pass on the incorrect information and will continue to do so forever.

I suffered one such BA staff member and was told I couldn't fly by her and then the manager!
MrFish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Actually I posted based on personal experience from 2 years ago and apologised if things had changed and I was wrong. I didn’t want the OP to have a similar situation. Didn’t realise this group was so aggressive. Apologies for any offence misleading someone.
Firstly things have not changed. The rules have not changed for a least a decade if not longer. The group is not aggressive. People who post such wrong information cause others to become worried and scared about their passport validity. The 6 month rule is very simple for tavel with a UK passport to the USA, there is not one.

Rather than complain that people are correcting you, you would do far better to remove you incorrect post so that others don't get concerned for no reason.
Old 26 Jan 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
Firstly things have not changed. The rules have not changed for a least a decade if not longer. The group is not aggressive. People who post such wrong information cause others to become worried and scared about their passport validity. The 6 month rule is very simple for tavel with a UK passport to the USA, there is not one.

Rather than complain that people are correcting you, you would do far better to remove you incorrect post so that others don't get concerned for no reason.
I was not complaining I was making an observation. When I worked at Virgin Holidays our instruction from the embassy was to tell people they had to have 6 months. And yes we did have a client refused entry. Whether there was another reason or not, we were informed it was due to invalid length on passport. I was not aware I could delete a post on here, other forums you can’t. I apologised if things had changed or that my info was incorrect but I had no reason to doubt a government instruction. I will find out how to delete. Thank you for letting me know I can do that.