Notices

Old 29 Jan 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Snack List Is Complete (For Definite This Time!)

The menus for the Flower and Garden booths have been released so I've now made a list of thing's we'd like to try

The Citrus Blossom - Crispy Citrus Chicken with Orange Aoli and Baby Greens

Citrus Shortcake - Orange Chiffon Cake, Lemon Curd, Mandarins, Whipped Cream, Citrus Crumble

Northern Bloom - Seared Scallops with French Green Beans, Butter Potatoes, Brown Butter Vinaigrette and Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon
Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce, Whipped Potatoes with Garden Vegetables≈

Honey Tandoori Chicken Flatbread with White Cheddar Cheese, Charred Vegetables, Clover Honey Sour Cream and Micro Citrus Greens

Local Wildflower Honey-mascarpone Cheesecake with Orange Blossom Honey Ice Cream garnished with Fennel Pollen Meringue Kisses and Petite Lavender Shoots

Beef Torta: Braised Beef served on a Crispy Sourdough Roll with Queso Oaxaca, Avocado, Pickled Onions and Jalapeños in a Spicy Habanero Sauce

Szechuan Spicy Red-braised Beef Shank over Rice

House-made Crab and Cheese Wontons,

Potato Pancakes with House-made Apple Sauce

Potato Pancake with Caramelized Ham, Onions and Herb Sour Cream

Toasted Pretzel Bread topped with Black Forest Ham and Melted Gruyère Cheese

Warm Cheese Strudel with Mixed Berries

Pizza Toscana: Rustic Italian Flatbread with Sweet Sausage, Caramelized Onion, Mozzarella, Asiago and Parmesan Cheeses

Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue and House-made Pickle

Frushi: Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry and Melon rolled with Coconut Rice garnished with Whipped Cream, Berry Sauce Drizzle and Toasted Coconut

Chicken Karaage with Nanban Sauce: Japanese-style Fried Chicken served on a bed of Shredded Cabbage and topped with a Soy and Vinegar-based Dressing

Tarte au Chévre: Goat Cheese Tart with Caramelized Onions on a flaky Pastry Crust

Coffee-rubbed Pork Poutine with Barbecue Demi-Glace, Fire-roasted Corn Relish and Cheese Curds

I'm not going to rate these on what we definitely want to try as I haven't spoken to Chris about them all yet but when I print everything off I am going to place these in a separate list so they don't get mixed in with the 'regular' snacks

So that's the snacks all done, I'm going to be working on our QS list now xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Aww bless her, that is so cute! I think she takes after her mum OMG I can imagine, I'd have been panicking like mad I have a feeling this will be use with RoTR. I hope you manage to get there, I've heard fab things about it. Your going to have an amazing time x

It is, it also means it'll take the pressure of me a bit. I hate being on camera. OMG you must do vlogs, you wouldn't be rubbish at all, I think the girls are on to a winner there. They don't need to be professional by any means, in fact it's great to even just look back on. We're loving reliving our 2018 trip ... by the time we've finished with these and our May 2019 ones we'll be on the next trip hopefully.

He can't wait, it's all he's talking about at the minute bless him. Chris and I went about 5 years ago and there's loads more now, Thomas has never been but he and his friend are both HP fans so I can't wait to see their faces. I was told if we inform them it's his birthday too they'll let him open the room of requirement xx
😆😆😆 The Harry Potter tour is absolutely amazing! We’ve been twice and love it! We spend ages there. Our daughter got to open that door - but it wasn’t for the room of requirement, it’s the door to the Great Hall. You are all going to love it 💕
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
It is, it also means it'll take the pressure of me a bit. I hate being on camera. OMG you must do vlogs, you wouldn't be rubbish at all, I think the girls are on to a winner there. They don't need to be professional by any means, in fact it's great to even just look back on. We're loving reliving our 2018 trip ... by the time we've finished with these and our May 2019 ones we'll be on the next trip hopefully.

He can't wait, it's all he's talking about at the minute bless him. Chris and I went about 5 years ago and there's loads more now, Thomas has never been but he and his friend are both HP fans so I can't wait to see their faces. I was told if we inform them it's his birthday too they'll let him open the room of requirement xx
That's the only thing that tempts me tbh - having it to look back on! You will be! Finally caught up with your most recent vlog - you got so much done at Epcot! Looks like a lovely day - the kids faces just looked like they were having the best day!

Oh bless him! That will be amazing - I want to go for my birthday just for that reason now they are going to love it!

Wow the F&G festival snacks look amazing looking forward to hearing what you manage to try and what you think of them! xx
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

We love the Harry Potter Studio Tour. I'm going in a few weeks with some colleagues and the girls are very put out that they don't get to come.

Another great snack list. I'm always a bit sad that there's never a festival on at Epcot when we can go.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
😆😆😆 The Harry Potter tour is absolutely amazing! We’ve been twice and love it! We spend ages there. Our daughter got to open that door - but it wasn’t for the room of requirement, it’s the door to the Great Hall. You are all going to love it 💕
We really enjoyed it when we went, but didn't get a proper look as we had to rush back for the kids, so really looking forward to having a good look around X

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
That's the only thing that tempts me tbh - having it to look back on! You will be! Finally caught up with your most recent vlog - you got so much done at Epcot! Looks like a lovely day - the kids faces just looked like they were having the best day!

Oh bless him! That will be amazing - I want to go for my birthday just for that reason now they are going to love it!

Wow the F&G festival snacks look amazing looking forward to hearing what you manage to try and what you think of them! xx
Honestly, I don't think you'd regret it we did it was a good day for rides. As soon as our FP's were up we got extra ones. They had an awesome day, we all did.

I really can't wait to see their faces

I very much doubt we'll get most of them done but I'm definitely going to give it a good try xx

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
We love the Harry Potter Studio Tour. I'm going in a few weeks with some colleagues and the girls are very put out that they don't get to come.

Another great snack list. I'm always a bit sad that there's never a festival on at Epcot when we can go.
Aww have a fab time, we're getting really excited about it now. 3 weeks today for us.

It's a shame, I think they do the festivals outside of the holidays to try and entice people to go but it does mean if you can only go in the holidays you miss them xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

So we've been trying to think of names for the pre-trippie here's a couple we've thought of ... if anyone can expand on them or make any suggestions we'd be very grateful

1. The Hughes Life of Dreams
2. Our Journey To The Mouse
3. Hughes' Hacking The Kingdom
4. Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Back To Disney We Go
5. Our 3rd Once In A Lifetime Trip
Old 31 Jan 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I really like the look of the festival of the arts that is on now but working in a school I very much doubt we'll ever get to that one.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I really like name number 4 but Snow White is a bit of a favourite in our family xxx
Old 31 Jan 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

I like Hi Ho too for the name so another vote for that. I do like the song name title ideas a lot though x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Number 4 is my fave too! 😀
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List