Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 26 Dec 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our son and daughter in law took all theirs down this morning as its our granddaughters birthday tomorrow they said they want the house back to normal for her birthday to try and separate it from Christmas.
It's our sons birthday today and he always complained about it being so close to Christmas when he was younger so I can understand why they do it.
Old 26 Dec 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

I talk about this with my husband every year.

I like to put the tree up early (mid-late November) because I think the lead up is a big part of Christmas. The excitement of what’s to come, the gift buying and wrapping and preparing everything is The beginning of Christmas.

Once Christmas Day has been, for us, the excitement has gone. We’ve given the gifts, ate the food and the tree is just a reminder that all of the excitement has finished.

Obviously some people follow the traditional 12 days, some leave it longer, some don’t put a tree up at all and that’s their choice. We have no family coming over now and so when we can stop eating for long enough we will take ours down!
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Normally day after Boxing Day but DS has asked to come over on NYE as his partner is going to Prague and it is too cold for him, so it will be NYD.
Old 26 Dec 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

For us after the whole build up to Christmas Day, Boxing Day is just a total chill day. Watching naff stuff on the telly etc. So we wouldn’t be putting deccies away, getting up and down into the loft and cleaning etc, but if it suits you why not.

Plus it’s been wet, miserable and dark here today so the Christmas lights make it lovely and cosy.

But I have to admit I love how spacious and fresh it all looks again indoors once the deccies go away.

Ours will probably be away by New Year’s Eve. So we can tidy up, put the deccies away, clean and then just relax and enjoy that day and New Year’s Day before thinking about getting back to work.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

For us, we find them just annoying after Christmas Day is done.
Personally I would have had them down today, but it is likely to be tomorrow or Saturday.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Not for me as its still Christmas for us really, still all on holiday from school and works etc so the tree still feels special.
We do however clear by the 5th as thes ds birthday so like all gone for then!
The year he was born it was all still up! As I had an emergency c section and ds was in hospital for a week, the in laws came and took them all down for us!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Ours have only been up just over a week and will be up until the new year.

I was working until Friday so feel Xmas has only just started.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Its normally new years day for us or 2nd Jan. I haven’t stoped eating long enough today to think about doing anything else lol

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
I hate taking the tree down as it always seems so bare and and little depressing
You know what to do then.
Let’s compare how they are doing in March 😀

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Ours have only been up just over a week and will be up until the new year.

I was working until Friday so feel Xmas has only just started.
Christmas has only just started . Just on its second day now
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=buryboy;14214791]You know what to do then.
Let’s compare how they are doing in March 😀

I reckon ds would have the tree up all year if I let him he started asking to put it up in September
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List