Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Oct 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
I don't know. We offered DD exactly the same choice for next July. Fortunately, I brought her up correctly and she chose Disney!

Try asking again but with more menace in your voice!
I just dunno where I've gone wrong. Sigh. Actually though we had said we were doing universal this year then changed mind and said Busch then dropped that too and not once did she moan so time for me to (as she tells me) "suck it up buttercup".
toots82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Both my boys lost interest in Disney as adolescents. They preferred the more thrilling atmosphere of Universal. the good time camme when we returned with my older son and his then 11 month old. I think he enjoyed Disney more than ever before and did things he would never have done as a child (joining in dancing, participating in shows, etc).

Now I am just waiting until I can take both grandchildren.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
Both my boys lost interest in Disney as adolescents. They preferred the more thrilling atmosphere of Universal. the good time camme when we returned with my older son and his then 11 month old. I think he enjoyed Disney more than ever before and did things he would never have done as a child (joining in dancing, participating in shows, etc).

Now I am just waiting until I can take both grandchildren.
I think my 2 were a bit gutted that they had to choose but until they plant a money tree... I really do need a new kitchen.
toots82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
I just dunno where I've gone wrong. Sigh. Actually though we had said we were doing universal this year then changed mind and said Busch then dropped that too and not once did she moan so time for me to (as she tells me) "suck it up buttercup".
DD has never been to US or IoA but has been to Disney several times. She loves big rides (so BG is always on our list) so I know she would really enjoy IoA but she is also a traditionalist so not doing Disney was never going to happen!

If I come in to any unexpected windfall between now and when we go then I will book to do Universal but, until that time, its only Disney (with SW/BG/Aquatica of course)
Old 1 Nov 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

As we Only really go every 5 years we could not miss out Disney but I have missed going to Universal as not been since 2011. Not fussed about Sea World or Busch gardens
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
So we are just back from an amazing 3 week trip. Dh has decided we need to spend some money on the house and gave the kids the choice of Disney or Universal but not both for 2019. They've chosen Universal... Not sure they're mine anymore. Anyway, it's fine... I suppose. And we didn't do Universal this year so I am looking forward to it. We've said they can tag on Busch, aquatica and sea world too. How do I get my head round the no Disney?
We've not done Disney for our last 3 trips and its been fine. But if you love Disney then you get control back for 2020

We have decided that there will be a 4 year break from Orlando for us as it all seemed way too familiar for us this year. So roll on 2022

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
We've not done Disney for our last 3 trips and its been fine. But if you love Disney then you get control back for 2020

We have decided that there will be a 4 year break from Orlando for us as it all seemed way too familiar for us this year. So roll on 2022
See I love familiarity. I hate change lol. We are defo doing Disney in 2020! I am looking forward to universal though. I like it all!