Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 17, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Teejay229
Getting Excited

Is it worth it? 1 week

Evening Dibbers
Only got back 3 weeks ago after waiting 5 years since our 1st magical trip back in 2012 and already want to go back.
I'm toying with the idea of trying to get back next year for my husbands 50th as a surprise for him.
Thing is I know for sure we won't manage to afford 3 weeks like we have done and even 2 weeks so soon after the last trip ☹️ so what I'm thinking is we go for 1 week when the DS (15) & DD (13) are off school in October as husbands 50th is beginning of November.
Obviously because only 1 week thinking just universal as we all enjoy universal/IOA & we all loved volcano bay.
Is it worth it for just 1 week, will we miss doing the Disney experience? Also was wondering if you shop around can you get any price deals for staying at universal resorts?

Does anyone do this... Any good advice would be great
Teejay229 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes. We have been for a week several times and really enjoy a decent warm break. Going in 4 days time courtesy of a Thomsons Disney bargain
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are going for a week at the end of october and i am really really looking forward to it. We do new york for three nights and always have a brilliant time so i dont see why 7 nights in orlando cant be just as good as a longer trip. When i was pricing i noticed a difference in price booking direct with universal for their hotels compared to thru booking.com. booking.com was cheaper.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Donzy
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Have you priced up aventura was looking really reasonable for universal stay only... we were looking at 10 nights... it's the extras like food that put it up though 🙁
Donzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We have done Las Vegas for a week and that is an 11hr flight. Go for it 😀

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We often do a week. Just Universal would fit well. We usually do MNSSHP too to have a bit of Disney.

Universal resorts wise we have always found crowds very manageable and love Cabana bay which gets you early entry but no folp. Try Trivago for pricing. 7 days usually results in a cheaper rate than a short stay.

My 2015 and 2014 trip reports have us at Cabana for a week in October and we also did just a week at Universal May 2016 again at Cabana bay. If you search on trip reports index they should come up.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We've done a week a few times and it's definitely worth it. It feels like a lot longer than an ordinary week at home for some reason. On our week trips we just did Disney but I agree that just Universal would be perfect for a week.
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

We regularly do a week in February half term. Either Disney and on-site or offsite with no Disney. It’s fine if you’ve been before and don’t try to pack too much in.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

We are going for 8 nights in October and really looking forward to a more Relaxing break. Doing Sea world, Busch and aquatica. Have MNSSHP booked also. Cant wait
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We did 5 nights in Orlando in June this year, lots of time for Universal parks and a shopping trip to Florida Mall. Then we flew to NYC for 4 more nights.

I felt we had plenty of time in Orlando, could have done with one more night in NY though.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List