Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Dec 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Bargain prices Air Canada July 2018

Just booked flights from Aberdeen to Miami for July for £336 each with Omega Flight Store. Flights are with Air Canada and are also available to book with them (for slightly more) but the booking has been confirmed and I can see it on Air Canada's site already. Really chuffed as we weren't intending on going back next year! Flights are via Heathrow and Toronto. I think we can do immigration in Canada - can anyone confirm that? Excited!
legolass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney junky
VIP Dibber

Yup, we cleared US immigration in Toronto and you arrive in Orlando as domestic passengers. We would certainly fly with them again.

Dartford Dudes Do It Again - Aug 2012

Dartford Dudes Do Disney & Dollars 2009 Trip Index
1996 Best Western and St Petes beach
1998 Days Inn on 192
2006 Villa at Silver Creek
2009 Villa at Lindfields
2012 Villa at Silver Creek
2014 CBR/Windsor Hills/Disney Dream Cruise
Disney junky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Don't forget to do your ETA as well as the ESTA - you will need both!

Great price!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney junky View Post
Yup, we cleared US immigration in Toronto and you arrive in Orlando as domestic passengers. We would certainly fly with them again.
Excellent!

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Don't forget to do your ETA as well as the ESTA - you will need both!

Great price!
We have an ESTA from this year but I will see about the ETA - thank you!
legolass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Very good price, but not sure I could do 2 connections (especially with kids).

Is this Air Canada's "rouge" service?
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Very good price, but not sure I could do 2 connections (especially with kids).

Is this Air Canada's "rouge" service?
Staying where we do, we can only do direct if we drive to Glasgow which is around 4 hours (we have done this once but the journey home was a nightmare) since then we have always done indirect with 2 connections so we are used to it. Although my kids will be 19 and 16 but we have done it when they were a bit younger. And doing immigration before Orlando (or Miami in this case) is a bonus.

I believe the last flight from Toronto to Miami is the "rouge" service but we don't mind - we will just have to be organised with a film on our iPads.
Old 4 Dec 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Barvas
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by legolass View Post
Just booked flights from Aberdeen to Miami for July for £336 each with Omega Flight Store. Flights are with Air Canada and are also available to book with them (for slightly more) but the booking has been confirmed and I can see it on Air Canada's site already. Really chuffed as we weren't intending on going back next year! Flights are via Heathrow and Toronto. I think we can do immigration in Canada - can anyone confirm that? Excited!
Hi what dates did you book? It looks like it will be Miami we will be flying to next July. Be quite happy to fly from Aberdeen for a change and if a good price , we usually fly from Glasgow.
Barvas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Barvas View Post
Hi what dates did you book? It looks like it will be Miami we will be flying to next July. Be quite happy to fly from Aberdeen for a change and if a good price , we usually fly from Glasgow.
Hi - flying to Heathrow on Tuesday 17th July at 8.35pm, staying there overnight then flying Wednesday morning via Toronto. Returning Wednesday 1st August. There were a few dates available at that price, mainly at the beginning of the week (we really prefer to travel mid-week and spend maybe 17-18 nights but at that price we will just have a day or two less). The weeks before and after also had these prices. Found them by accident, they never showed up on google flights but they had these prices from Glasgow (or Edinburgh?) and when I went onto Air Canada's website I put in Aberdeen on the off chance. Couldn't believe it
Old 4 Dec 17, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Barvas
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by legolass View Post
Hi - flying to Heathrow on Tuesday 17th July at 8.35pm, staying there overnight then flying Wednesday morning via Toronto. Returning Wednesday 1st August. There were a few dates available at that price, mainly at the beginning of the week (we really prefer to travel mid-week and spend maybe 17-18 nights but at that price we will just have a day or two less). The weeks before and after also had these prices. Found them by accident, they never showed up on google flights but they had these prices from Glasgow (or Edinburgh?) and when I went onto Air Canada's website I put in Aberdeen on the off chance. Couldn't believe it
Thank you for your reply, we are looking to going on the 13th or 20th July haven’t decide yet so just looking at prices. We got a fab price for this year booking last Sep 2ad , 2x11 and car for £1969 with BA for 19 nights flying to Tampa , wishing we could get the same again . Will just have to keep on looking 😀. X
Barvas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List