Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Dec 17, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by U2fan View Post
I'm sorry for the hassle you're having with Virgin. It seems very strange that they are consolidating flights on a weekend flight just before October half term We have also booked a fly drive with Virgin Holidays. We booked the 11am Manchester to Orlando Virgin flight on 24 October. When the seats were released, our flight time moved to 10.30am but we've been able to book seats. I hope you get it sorted soon.
We usually fly from Manchester, I wish we had picked it for next year now 😊. It is just me and DD travelling, usually DH comes and drives to Manchester, but as it's just DD and I we chose Gat and booked National Express to get us there. So, we have booked transport and overnight hotel based on the flights which will be fine even for the later flight. I just have a worry that they could try changing the day of the flight which would mean lots of additional changes, plus it is DDs 18th birthday the day after we fly, so we want to be sure we are there before then.

I am also very surprised to think Virgin are dropping flights around half term. Also we flew back with Thomson on a Dreamliner a few years ago with just 30 people onboard. Despite the unsold seats Thomson honoured the original flights for their customers. It was a treat to have whole rows to stretch out on for the trip ☺
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Spoke to a lovely, knowledgeable VH advisor, Claire, today. She apologised for how many times I have had to ring and the conflicting information given to me.

Confirmed the change to the later 1.05pm flight outbound and 21.05 inbound flights as earlier flights have been taken off. Confirmed I can book seats via VA website with new code and said it would take a further 2-3 weeks to get an updated invoice from VH. She is sending a hamper as a gesture of goodwill as I have had 2 frustrating weeks trying to get this information which was a nice offer from her as I really just wanted the information ☺.

I have booked our return seats, in the rows of 2 at the back of the lower level which will be good if we want to sleep as no one sitting next to us. I have not booked outbound. I was going to book the bubble for faster exiting on arrival at MCO but as we arrive later now, we will not be going to a park our first evening so not in too much of a hurry to get through immigration (not enough of a hurry to pay £70 for seats anyway 😀 ). If flight starts to fill too much, I will pay then to ensure we are sat together somewhere otherwise I will book for free 72 hours before travelling.

I am just relieved to actually know what is happening and that we wil be there in time for DDs birthday celebrations 😀. Plus although we get there later we have the bonus of extra hours at Disney on our last day 😀. Thanks again for Dibber's advice and kind words
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad it's all been sorted for you now. My daughter and I have opted for the last row of two at the back for the same reason as you. Going out we have opted for Dibbers Row but realise there is always the chance we could be moved downstairs for operational reasons.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
Glad it's all been sorted for you now. My daughter and I have opted for the last row of two at the back for the same reason as you. Going out we have opted for Dibbers Row but realise there is always the chance we could be moved downstairs for operational reasons.
Yes I am relieved. We were going to try for Dibbers row but of course, due to all the confusion, they are booked on our flight now. But I don't care, at least we will be there for DDs birthday which was my major concern 😊
Old 9 Dec 17, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Yes I am relieved. We were going to try for Dibbers row but of course, due to all the confusion, they are booked on our flight now. But I don't care, at least we will be there for DDs birthday which was my major concern 😊
Glad it is all sorted and it was recognised you had been mistreated.

I noticed that the dibbers row got booked the other day after I mentioned it and 3 seats opened up in 76ABC so maybe they were reading the thread and moved!
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
Glad it is all sorted and it was recognised you had been mistreated.

I noticed that the dibbers row got booked the other day after I mentioned it and 3 seats opened up in 76ABC so maybe they were reading the thread and moved!
Possibly that is the case ☺. We haven't flown with Virgin before so it would have been nice to try Dibbers row but as long as we can get seats together, which we will keep checking now for outbound and book if we need to, we are happy.

I did appreciate the hamper gesture as I had not asked for anything other than confirmation of what was going on. She said it should be here in around 2 weeks so may be a nice Xmas surprise for me ☺
Old 9 Dec 17, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Northtim
Excited about Disney

Glad you are sorted.

Anyone know just when free seat booking becomes available on VA. We have joined flying club so it should be 72 hrs but is that exactly 72 hrs pre departure time or midnight 72days before flight day or something else?
Northtim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Northtim View Post
Glad you are sorted.

Anyone know just when free seat booking becomes available on VA. We have joined flying club so it should be 72 hrs but is that exactly 72 hrs pre departure time or midnight 72days before flight day or something else?
I thought it was 9am 3 days before travelling but as I am travelling with Virgin for the first time I am not completely sure. I am sure someone will soon confirm the time for you ☺
Old 9 Dec 17, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Northtim View Post
Glad you are sorted.

We booked seats together at 72 hours, well thereabouts ! Booking opened up at about 71.5 hours from flight time. We travelled October half term managing to get window and middle seats on 2 rows on the left hand side near the front exactly the seats we wanted. We were lucky enough that the aisle seats on both rows were empty too.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
We booked seats together at 72 hours, well thereabouts ! Booking opened up at about 71.5 hours from flight time. We travelled October half term managing to get window and middle seats on 2 rows on the left hand side near the front exactly the seats we wanted. We were lucky enough that the aisle seats on both rows were empty too.
That would be perfect for us too. Good to know seats can be available then as we go October half term time too 😀. So for our Sunday 1pm flight, free seats should be open around 12.30 on the Thursday. Another date to mark on the calendar 😀