Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 24 Aug 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gjodieg
Excited about Disney

Sunset Walk Margaritaville - November opening?

Haven't seen any updates about Sunset Walk at Margaritaville for a while.

We are visiting in November and hoping to visit a few of the places that are expected to open.

Would be interested to know if this is still expected to open in November or if anyone has any updates on the progress?
Gjodieg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 18, 03:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

It is coming along much faster now. There are trees planted in the car park etc. One of the restaurants (Rock and Brew?) looks like it may be finished soon. I can't really tell with anything else now they seem to be doing internal fit outs. TBH it is very hard to tell with all these new places, Krispy Kreeme and Red Robin looked finished driving past weeks before they actually opened.

I guess in short the answer is it maybe at least part opened.

Target is having a complete refit as well although it is still open. The Rolling Oaks area is definitely growing.

The houses are going up like mushrooms now but nothing in resort itself looks completely finished except a few show houses.
Old 25 Aug 18, 04:04 AM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Mobile

Had an email the other day saying they are hoping to have a soft opening of the hotel December I think

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 18, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gjodieg
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
It is coming along much faster now. There are trees planted in the car park etc. One of the restaurants (Rock and Brew?) looks like it may be finished soon. I can't really tell with anything else now they seem to be doing internal fit outs. TBH it is very hard to tell with all these new places, Krispy Kreeme and Red Robin looked finished driving past weeks before they actually opened.

I guess in short the answer is it maybe at least part opened.

Target is having a complete refit as well although it is still open. The Rolling Oaks area is definitely growing.

The houses are going up like mushrooms now but nothing in resort itself looks completely finished except a few show houses.
I suppose if they are doing the internal fittings now that's a good sign. Looking forward to seeing the change since last year :-)

Glad to hear Red Robin is now open. I've never been but it's on our to do list this time. We'll have no need to go anywhere other than Rolling Oaks for dinner this year.

Ooh I didn't know Target was being refit... love a wander around there! Must be preparing for how busy they may get when everything opens.
Gjodieg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

The Target refit is part of a nationwide program. The one in Winter Garden has already been done and looks great. Basically it now has more of a department store feel instead of supermarket. It will make it feel even more upmarket than Walmart than it does now.
Old 29 Aug 18, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

I can't even imagine how vast this place is gonna look when it's all finished! The sketches of it look absolutely amazing!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by deanobrown View Post
I can't even imagine how vast this place is gonna look when it's all finished! The sketches of it look absolutely amazing!
It is going to be amazing but the scale of things here is so different than the UK that it really isn't that unusual. Take a look at the Holiday Inn Club at Orange Lake timeshare just up the road on Google maps. That is on both sides of the 429 toll road and must be 3 times bigger.
Old 24 Oct 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gjodieg
Excited about Disney

Rock & Brews opens on Monday!
Old 25 Oct 18, 01:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

They have started on the waterpark slides as well now. Dds and I think they have put it too close to the main road. It reminds me of Wet and Wild where you could see people queuing when you drove padt.
Old 25 Oct 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gjodieg
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
They have started on the waterpark slides as well now. Dds and I think they have put it too close to the main road. It reminds me of Wet and Wild where you could see people queuing when you drove padt.
Really :-( I used to hate that about Wet & Wild. Let's hope they put loads of trees etc to make it a little less exposed.