Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Oct 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tka
slightly serious Dibber

tka's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Pick 2 out of 4 Waterparks :)

Hello!

Taking stepdaughter for her first time in April 2019. Hubby and I have been before and done Volcano bay and discovery cove (if you want to class that as a water park).

I have booked DC dolphin swim for us (Bring on the skint times!) but while DH and I were going over plans for the holiday we are unsure what parks to take 10yr old SD to.

We were defo going to go for Volcano Bay and thinking aquatic? SD isn't a fan of high and fast slides and isn't the best of swimmers in a wave pool. We were thinking about Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon but they don't seem as fun as VB and Aq...

What parks would you go for?
Old 24 Oct 18, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
josephus_fl
slightly serious Dibber

josephus_fl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think a lot depends on which theme park tickets you already have. No point paying for additional tickets or not using ones you've already paid for.

If you are avoiding "high, fast and wave pools" then it probably won't matter too much where you end up.
josephus_fl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by tka View Post
Hello!

Taking stepdaughter for her first time in April 2019. Hubby and I have been before and done Volcano bay and discovery cove (if you want to class that as a water park).

I have booked DC dolphin swim for us (Bring on the skint times!) but while DH and I were going over plans for the holiday we are unsure what parks to take 10yr old SD to.

We were defo going to go for Volcano Bay and thinking aquatic? SD isn't a fan of high and fast slides and isn't the best of swimmers in a wave pool. We were thinking about Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon but they don't seem as fun as VB and Aq...

What parks would you go for?
We're doing VB and Aquatica as we have never been to either before . Typhoon is closed in Feb and I wasn't a massive fan of Blizzard Beach.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tka
slightly serious Dibber

tka's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by josephus_fl View Post
I think a lot depends on which theme park tickets you already have. No point paying for additional tickets or not using ones you've already paid for.

If you are avoiding "high, fast and wave pools" then it probably won't matter too much where you end up.
we have all theme park tickets purchased so no additional cost
Old 24 Oct 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
the first couple of times I went we did the Disney waterparks, last time we did Aquatica and it was much better than the Disney ones. And now Volcano Bay is meant to be even better than that so I'd do Aquatica and Volcano Bay. They are the 2 we're doing next year
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally I don't like VB so wouldn't do it but in your case the other one I'd do is Aquatica...the lazy river is really nice with views of the dolphins and fish tank. Pool nice and the wave aspect isn't too strong.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimmy Mac
Trainee Dibber

Aquatica is my favourite by a distance great rides nice beach area and its never too busy.

If I was picking a favourite Disney water park I'd go for Blizzard Beach.
Jimmy Mac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 17
The Disney parks have the better theming for me with the snow theming at Blizzard Beach and the stranded ship at Typhoon Lagoon - both for me are more leisurely and have less fast flumes/rapids than the other two.
I love Aquatica for the thrills but for a fair skinned freckly like me, there is a big lack of shaded areas, I feel that we have to rent a cabana for me to retreat to!
Not tried Volcano Bay yet but will be giving it a go next May

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like the best fit will be Aquatica and VB. These have the most choices of family rides.
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
kaip
slightly serious Dibber

Another shout out here for VB and Aquatica