Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Oct 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile Eeekkkk no Disney!

So we are just back from an amazing 3 week trip. Dh has decided we need to spend some money on the house and gave the kids the choice of Disney or Universal but not both for 2019. They've chosen Universal... Not sure they're mine anymore. Anyway, it's fine... I suppose. And we didn't do Universal this year so I am looking forward to it. We've said they can tag on Busch, aquatica and sea world too. How do I get my head round the no Disney?
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

We done Universal, Seaworld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica this year and had said no Disney but then the Halloween party dates came out and we were able to go on the first night. This proved an excellent idea as we had our Disney fix and also enjoyed MNSSHP for the first time as well.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
So we are just back from an amazing 3 week trip. Dh has decided we need to spend some money on the house and gave the kids the choice of Disney or Universal but not both for 2019. They've chosen Universal... Not sure they're mine anymore. Anyway, it's fine... I suppose. And we didn't do Universal this year so I am looking forward to it. We've said they can tag on Busch, aquatica and sea world too. How do I get my head round the no Disney?
I don't know. We offered DD exactly the same choice for next July. Fortunately, I brought her up correctly and she chose Disney!

Try asking again but with more menace in your voice!
Old 31 Oct 18, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

We're going in Feb and will only do Universal but I plan on doing some shopping and eating in Disney Springs to get my Disney fix (and maybe buying a sneaky one day ticket to MK for me and DS2 if I can wangle it)
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
After doing several years on the trot, we skipped Disney last year and enjoyed it more this year as a result when we went back. So much so we are skipping it again next year for a more chilled Florida trip .

Depending on when you're going, skipping next year might be a blessing with Star Wars area opening up.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyitis
Proud to wear my Ears

We've decided to just do Universal next year too. It's our 4th trip so we've already done a lot of Disney and kids are quite excited about having more time in Universal. More time for shopping too! Still hoping to maybe get one day in MK though...
Disneyitis is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
They've chosen Universal...
Blasphemy. I mean, I love Universal... but nothing beats the Disney bubble (I guess I just like an escape from reality every so often... Universal doesn't give me that).
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyloverz
Imagineer

Disneyloverz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've just been for a week at Universal with a night at Disneys Halloween party which was nice for a bit of a Disney fix.

Personally I really missed not doing more Disney (especially when driving past my fave-Epcot) but as we're back in April I've not too long to wait.

We also did a couple of visits to Disney Springs and some more shopping and a trip to Celebration which was fun.
Many Happy Returns INDEX - May/June 2023
Disneyloverz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzyc
Imagineer

We've just come back from a week onsite at Disney - it was a competition win so we didn't extend it or leave the Disney bubble at all. We've been a few times before, and it was very quiet in September so I felt like we got to do everything we wanted to do.

Before I won this trip I had already booked flights for next March, staying in Orlando for a week before going on a cruise. So we've decided that we will spend 4 nights at Universal and also do Seaworld, Busch Gardens and shopping etc, not doing Disney at all and I'm actually really excited! I don't want to be shot down in flames lol but I actually prefer the vibe at Universal, and I'm happy that I don't have to plan every meal, fastpass etc - I just want to go with the flow

Plus we've got a grandchild on the way so I know we'll be back in the Disney bubble within the next 3-4 years

Too many holidays to list! 5 times in Orlando, also done plenty of Caribbean trips & newly converted to cruises (next ones planned for March 2019 & August 2019)
dizzyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks folks. Honestly I've never been more disappointed in them! (In casebit doesnt come across, i am absolutely meaning that tongue in cheek).To be fair though she would love to do both but that's not happening. She's a total speed freak too so looking forward to some bigger rides.

When we do Disney it's onsite in a 1 or 2 bed at SSR and we miss the dining plan with our dates now so I really can't persuade hubby. If it were up to me i would do 5 nights Port Orleans etc but he says we would throttle each other in 1 room. We are going back to Disney in 2020 and have been for the past 4 years in a row and every other year before that so I can't (but will) complain too much 🤣

I'm going to embrace the more relaxed approach... maybe lol. Thanks for all having a joke with me and getting the tone I was going for 😊 Halloween party might be an idea but at the moment animal kingdom is our fav so may do a day there. Fop, Everest etc and yak and yeti draw us there. Defo will be spending time at springs.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List