Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Nov 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Best 'over the street' hotels for disneyland?

Tentatively looking at doing Disneyland December 2019 for DW 40th birthday.

Probably going to do a 'moderate' good neighbour hotel that is over the road, anyone got any suggestions. (or any others within walking distance that aren't on the list below?)

Anaheim Camelot and suites
the Anaheim hotel
best western plus Anaheim inn
best western plus park place inn and Mini suites
castle inn and suites*
Fairfield inn Anaheim resort
grand legacy at the park*
Tropicana inn and suites

*these are the two I've liked look of so far

Thanks

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I'm booked to stay at the Fairfield Inn later this month (split stay with the GCH). Went for it as it is newly refurbished, and I got a really good rate booking through the Marriott website with a senior discount (travelling with my parents who should qualify). The other hotel I was looking at was the Tropicana as that is also newly refurbished.

Other hotels that looked great to me during my search included:
- Courtyard by Marriott - people who have stayed there seem to love it, but the price is much higher than most of the other off-site hotels
- Residence Inn Convention Center - this looks like a great new hotel, with suites + kitchen and breakfast included for not much more than one of the hotels on Harbor. A bit of a further walk though. Seems like it is close to a couple of convenience stores (CVS/Walgreens) so that could be convenient.
- Hyatt House - similar to Residence Inn, also a bit of a further walk.
- Hilton Anaheim - there were some really good rates for this hotel for my dates, but ultimately decided against it as it's a bit of a long trek from here to DL. (Though you could possibly cross the road and take the shuttle from the DL Toy Story car park...)

People seem to love BWPPI as it's the absolute closest, but they were completely sold out for my dates so I didn't bother looking too much into them. Also heard good things about the Candy Cane inn, but again it was sold out for my dates.
Old 8 Nov 18, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks, i'll take a look at them

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugsy
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed in the Anaheim Camelot inn and suites. It was absolutely fine. less than 10 minute walk to the parks and plenty of restaurants close by. We ate in Tony Romas and the Cheesecake Factory ( a wee bit further away). Room was clean and ok size for 2 adults a 15 year old and a 12 year old.

You can see the matterhorn from the pool and some rooms and therefore the fireworks. There was also laundry which we used.

Id stay there again for the price and location
Sequoia Lodge 2006,Sequoia Lodge 2008,Sequoia Lodge 2009,Old Key West 2010,Sequoia Lodge 2011,Old Key West 2012,Old Key West 2014,Royal Pacific Resort 2016,Anaheim 2016,Sequoia Lodge 2018,Beach Club 2019
Bugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Hotel Indigo was recommended to us when we were looking at going. Didn't book in the end as decided to wait until our youngest is a bit older.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

We've stayed twice at the Sheraton Park, a bit further than I think some of these are, but not a long walk, and we had a great view of California Adventure. Not sure if they still do it, but we got a good rate with Virgin Holidays which included free parking and a daily amount to use in the onsite restaurants
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

we stayed in the family suite at Anaheim Camelot and would have no problem going back.It was basic but clean and had no complaints. It was so close to the parks, more or less across the road from the entrance to Downtown Disney and the kids had no problem walking even with youngest being 6 at the time.

Another one which is close to the parks and seems popular on another site and gets good reviews is the Candy Cane Inn. Have been close to booking that one myself on previous trips
scottishgirl1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh just thought I'd add, Disney tourist blog has a list ranking the hotels near Disneyland that they've stayed in (think the list is of 40 hotels or so) so that might help if you want more in depth reviews! Some of those are a bit outdated though (as Tropicana, Fairfield Inn and the GCH have been refurbished since) but it's a good place to get a quick overview of many of the nearby hotels.
Old 9 Nov 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed at the Castle Inn and suites this time last year. I wouldn't call it a moderate more like a budget or value. Motel style with doors onto the walkway and small pool and jacuzzi in the middle of the car park.

Having said that the rooms were quite big with a fridge and microwave, the beds comfortable and the room clean. Parking was included and there was no resort fee, 10-15 mins walk to the gates along and across Harbor Blvd. Would hapily stay again if the price was right.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jheaton
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
Hotel Indigo was recommended to us when we were looking at going. Didn't book in the end as decided to wait until our youngest is a bit older.
We stayed 5 nights here in 2016 and it was excellent
1995 OKW/1997 Villa/ Gulf /2000 Villa/Rotunda /2002 Villa/Rotunda/2004 Southern Dunes/ AMI/2006 West Stonebridge/2007 Bradenton/2009 Sandy Ridge/2011Sandy Ridge/ AMI /2012SSR/2012Esprit/2013 SSR/2013 2wks AMI/2014 AMI/2015 OKW/2015 AMI/2016 AMI/ Bonita Springs/2017 2weeks Bellavida/2018 AMI/2019 Bonita Springs and Universal/2022 Gulf Coast Hurricane Ian/2023POFQ
jheaton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List