Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Nov 18, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I've actually got some Melatonin tablets that I bought this year in Florida so will take them with us, thank you for the tip. Would you start taking them here before you go or once you are in the different time zone?
Thank you
Just start taking them to help you sleep... or stay asleep for us... once you're there.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
The south outlets are pretty poor imo .

Vegas is love hate always has been , we’re off back in March for the 11th time and it can’t come soon enough , having just been in Florida I can’t wait to be back in Vegas !

serendipity shut ages ago , the owner was in prison for fraud and when he came out Caesar’s basically didn’t want him there anymore . My friend went to Hells Kitchen last month though and loved it .

Personally though I wouldn’t have too many meals booked , you will come across some fab places when your there . My best days in Vegas are those that we’ve just wandered around and done what we want when we want .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Fab thank you. Do the Miracle Mile and Fashion Mall shops have the same discounts as the outlets?
Such a shame about Serendipity, I was looking forward to one of their frozen hot chocolates! Will have to find somewhere else to go for our last big meal in Vegas before heading to the airport.
Not a chance in hell you'll get me in a helicopter but I really want to try the Gondola ride though
I really really can't wait for the GC, I just know it'll blow me away!
No they are regular shops , but tbh I find the outletsnhave less and less discounts now anyway

The north is much better than the south outlets though . More modern and better stores
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
The first time we went was in February and we saw all kinds of weather! Snow at the Grand Canyon and then one day when my dh went to play golf, I actually sat by the pool at the Bellagio, it wasn't boiling but very lovely to sit and relax! It looks like you have most things covered, but I was going to suggest Fremont Street, but I see someone else has already. It's an experience!

I'm also not sure if you will want brunch at Red Rock and dinner at the Cheesecake Factory all in one day? You need room for cheesecake! I've only done brunch at The Wicked Spoon as we stayed there and not dinner, but it is amazing and Holsteins is yum for burgers too, although we haven't visited since 2012 so some time ago now. I think there may be some pics in my trip report if you want to search.

I also recommend the Chandelier Bar for cocktails in the Cosmopolitan!

Have a fab trip, we went for both of our 40th's
Thanks Glee Fan sounds like I really do need to pack for all kinds of weather!
Hmm good point about the buffet and CF in the same day, ALWAYS need room for cheesecake
Yes I had forgotten about the Chandelier Bar will have to go there before dinner at the Wicked Spoon!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Roads were fine and only snow in places:

I stayed at Park MGM when it was Monte Carlo so will be our first time as the new Park. I like the area right by the Park. We only paid about $40 pn plus food and beverage credit so willing to give it a try. Draw backs seem to be lack of storage space in room...no actual drawers, but otherwise room is new and we have booked the stay well room with a memory foam bed etc. I have several options for the other part of our stay and still keeping a look out for better deals. We are there for super bowl, so that whacks the price up that weekend for us.
Signature suites are slightly off strip...only about 6/7 minute walk along Harmon...you dont even have to go through MGM Grand. The rooms are lovely. I would stay there again and if I can get a good deal will stay there in February. Easy access to Miracle Mile. We like Ocean One bar and grille in there. They have Earl of Sandwich and a few decent eating places. So excited for you
Great photos thanks Jo. Wow that's a bargain nightly rate, well done!
Its crazy how certain hotels are so much more expensive on some weekends. I knew there would be a price increase just didn't realise it would be quite so high
Will definitely be going to EoS whilst there for my Hawaiian BBQ fix!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
The south outlets are pretty poor imo .

Vegas is love hate always has been , we’re off back in March for the 11th time and it can’t come soon enough , having just been in Florida I can’t wait to be back in Vegas !

serendipity shut ages ago , the owner was in prison for fraud and when he came out Caesar’s basically didn’t want him there anymore . My friend went to Hells Kitchen last month though and loved it .

Personally though I wouldn’t have too many meals booked , you will come across some fab places when your there . My best days in Vegas are those that we’ve just wandered around and done what we want when we want .
Thanks DB, I'm really hoping I love it. I've been looking forward to it for so long!
Oh blimey, no wonder Caesars didn't want to be associated with them!
Yes this is very true, if we need to change the plan I can be flexible. Just about .

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 26 Nov 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
No they are regular shops , but tbh I find the outletsnhave less and less discounts now anyway

The north is much better than the south outlets though . More modern and better stores
Fab will not bother with the South ones. Is there a Super Target near the Strip? I will need my fix before we leave! We have a car so doesn't need to be within walking distance

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 26 Nov 18, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Fab will not bother with the South ones. Is there a Super Target near the Strip? I will need my fix before we leave! We have a car so doesn't need to be within walking distance
I love Target. Got some of my bedding and all of my towels there.

google.ca/maps/dir/Bella...36.1169013!3e0
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 04:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

The south outlets have been done up we found much of what we wanted there and not as busy as the north we found Nike, timberland, samsonite
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Great photos thanks Jo. Wow that's a bargain nightly rate, well done!
Its crazy how certain hotels are so much more expensive on some weekends. I knew there would be a price increase just didn't realise it would be quite so high
Will definitely be going to EoS whilst there for my Hawaiian BBQ fix!
Weekend prices are stupid. I go every year at the end of Feb for the NASCAR, a hotel that's $80 a night in the week, often quadruples over that weekend.. Which is why we no longer stay on the strip..

Feb has some busy weekends too, conferences, Superbowl etc all makes a big difference.

And I hope you love Vegas :-)

We were going to give it a miss next year thinking we probably would take the baby granddaughter elsewhere.. But we figured she coped ok last month with a 5 state 3050 mile road trip at 9 weeks.. She'll cope with the West Coast lol..