Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Oct 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile How Safe?

Hey all, prob a silly question but how safe is Lyft to use? & any safety tips I should be aware off?

We’ve always used used Mears in the past but having priced them up for the few taxis we’ll need (AKL to SW & back, & then AKL to US & back) & comparing them to Lyft prices they seem pretty expensive. That said we 2 kids & a special needs adult I don’t want to take any chances with our safety.

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

We used Lyft in San Francisco, was great, good price, prompt service, friendly drivers. Would definitely use again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We used Lyft in New York and was fantastic, will be definitely using on our next trip in Nov. Very efficient, easy to book,friendly drivers and clean cars. Not sure what you mean about safety ? If driver is safe or money when paying ?
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We used both Lyft and Uber in Orlando both were fine Lyft were sometimes cheaper than Uber particularly at peak times
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

They are everyday people trying to earn a living. I don't quite get why people are so worried about them.

They are half the price of Mears and out of 17 pick ups we had one miserable driver.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Both Lyft and uber use GPS so safe as they could be tracked. I expect they are just as safe as any taxi service.

I prefer uber as their app is easier to use
Old 20 Oct 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

A lot of the drivers work for UBer and Lyft.
I think you can book a Mears limo thro UBer in Orlando see
clickorlando/busines...-up-in-orlando
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I'd say these things are safer than old fashioned cabs- there's a digital record of when you got in, what time, where you went and what time you got out, and the full details of who drove you.
I doubt many killers or rapists etc would have their movements so closely monitored in the cloud and be so easy to track as prime suspect. They'd almost have to wish to be caught.
We often hear black cabs etc are safer- John Worboys springs to mind. I think a lot of it is put out by the traditional taxi drivers and companies wanting to protect their market.

Edited at 08:02 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

we had a really bad experience with a lyft driver picking up at the contemporary and dropping off at OKW. He was very aggressive about people that go to Disney, tried to drop us at hospitality house even though we had put the number in when we requested it. We ended up not really speaking and letting him rant. We all said thanks when we got out. I didn't tip because quite frankly he was awful but within an hour he had reported us to Lyft for using racially insensitive language. I have asked lyft to investigate and i did let disney security know but haven't heard anything else. If DH hadn't have been there i wouldn't have felt safe.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

Used Lyft and Uber in LA recently. Preferred Lyft out of the two. We used them to go to a concert and booked them after the show. We made our way to a pick up point marshalled by Lyft staff. We then only waited about 15 minutes for our car. Great service.
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List