Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Nov 23, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
rust
Getting to know the DIBB

Which Disney parks or all of them?

My wife and I are planning on going back to Orlando next year. We were planning on doing just Universal this time but have discovered that we have 2 hopper days remaining on some old tickets.

So, we are wondering which parks to do or would it be feasible to do all 4 by hopping between 2 parks on both days? We are completely happy to go from rope drop to close and can have rest days either side to recover.

And if we are to do all 4 with genie+ which order would you do them in order to try to get on all of the new rides. We haven't been to Disney since 2019 so there are quite a few exciting new rides to go on.
rust is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 23, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

If you are happy to do rope drop until close then you might as well try to get to all parks.

I would probably do Animal Kingdom & Magic Kingdom on one day in that order and combine EPCOT and Hollywood Studios on the other day, also in that order.

On the AK & MK day I would be up at 7am to get a virtual queue for Tron (hopefully you won't get a very early boarding group!). I would buy an ILL for Flights of Passage

I would then play it by ear regarding how to book Genie+ lightening lanes, if you are keen on Peter Pan or Jungle Cruise, then you might have to book these early whilst you do standby queues around Animal Kingdom. However you might also find you can't really stack many more Genie+ for Magic Kingdom, in which case you can use Genie+ on Animal Kingdom attractions. As Magic Kingdom stays open longer, you can finish the day here.

On the other day, at 7am I would be getting a virtual queue slot for Guardians, an ILL for Rise and a Genie+ LL for Slinky Dog for an afternoon / evening return time.

I would then be doing a mixture of using Genie+ on EPCOT attractions, but booking the odd one in HS for later whilst I do some EPCOT via the standby lines.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 23, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
rust
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks Claudette

That's great advice. With the virtual queue booking for Tron, what is the time range of those bookings? If I book at 7am, is it possible to get return times for the afternoon or are they only available from the 2nd booking slot?

If you can get afternoon slots from the 7am booking, am I better waiting for 5 or 10 minutes to give me a better chance of getting a later one or is that too risky?
rust is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 23, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by rust View Post
Thanks Claudette

That's great advice. With the virtual queue booking for Tron, what is the time range of those bookings? If I book at 7am, is it possible to get return times for the afternoon or are they only available from the 2nd booking slot?

If you can get afternoon slots from the 7am booking, am I better waiting for 5 or 10 minutes to give me a better chance of getting a later one or is that too risky?
It is pure pot luck with the virtual queues and you won’t get a specific return time, you will get a numeric boarding group and then you need to keep monitoring to see if your group has been called.

I have only done VQ for guardians and although booking on the dot at 7am, my boarding groups were always called in the afternoon, about 2-3pm. If I had been a split second earlier, I might have got an earlier return time, but I cannot control this.

The 7am virtual queues will be snapped up in seconds, if you wait five minutes you will miss out. If you do miss out, or can’t make the slot you have got then you can try again at 1pm if you are in the park, I think after January they are dropping 2pm park hopping rule so that would be an option.

For Slinky Dog, you will see the return time before you need to book the lightening lane, so in this case, yes you might want to keep trying for five minutes or so until you see the time you want. Or book it and then keep trying to modify it.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 23, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
rust
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks Claudette