Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 May 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw1991
Imagineer

Mobile Making formula up on flight vs cows milk

I think I’m overthinking all of this. We fly October first time with LO. She’ll be 2 weeks off turning 1 and my HV did suggest switching her to cows milk early but I’m undecided on this and if we did how would we get cows milk on the flight? How would we keep it cold also staying at PI night before.

If I stick with formula which I’m leaning towards the formula we use doesn’t come in the ready made cartons so how can we take sterilised hot water for the flight if you’re not allowed flasks? We usually use here the flask bottles and have one with hot water and one with cooled...
wdw1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We just brought sterilised cold water onto the plane in the bottles (went through security with it fine). Then asked for the flight attendant to warm it up on the flight which was no problem on VA.

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Littlelegs19
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We took DS for the first time when he was about 2 weeks from being one.
I weaned him off the formula and onto the cows milk early, (by a few weeks) to save me having to go through taking it all/buying it out there. Then on the flight, I had ready made formula that I’d collected from boots just for the flight. I found out on the flight that they will happily give me full fat milk and warm it through for the journey home.

I’m pretty sure that due to it being for a baby you can take the hot sterile water in the flask. The flight attendants will be more than happy to warm and milk through for you and allow you to make up bottles
Old 2 May 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Littlelegs19 View Post
We took DS for the first time when he was about 2 weeks from being one.
I weaned him off the formula and onto the cows milk early, (by a few weeks) to save me having to go through taking it all/buying it out there. Then on the flight, I had ready made formula that I’d collected from boots just for the flight. I found out on the flight that they will happily give me full fat milk and warm it through for the journey home.

I’m pretty sure that due to it being for a baby you can take the hot sterile water in the flask. The flight attendants will be more than happy to warm and milk through for you and allow you to make up bottles
We've also done the click and collect at Boots Airside at MAN which was great just make sure that you reserve it in good time as we nearly got caught out with the order not being ready by our departure time

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

We took the sterilised cool water in a flask then asked the flight attendants to top up with boiling which they happily did (different airline though). In fact it was too hot for a while!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
familyofthree
Apprentice Imagineer

familyofthree's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We took DS first time when he was 6 months old. As others have said you are allowed to take water through security for infants, that also includes drinking water if you have toddlers. We took cooled boiled water in his bottles then got flight attendant to fill with boiling water to make up the bottle.
Old 2 May 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We bought the ready made cartons from boots. I am going back 10 years so I’m unsure if they’re still around x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Xvicx
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

We came back in March with our 3 month old. We ordered ready made formula from boots and picked it up from the airport and we took enough to bring back on the flight home. I wouldn’t mess around with water
Xvicx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw1991
Imagineer

Mobile

Her formula doesn’t come in ready makes - I’ve tried her with aptamil ready made and it just doesn’t agree with her so ready made isn’t an option
wdw1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by wdw1991 View Post
Her formula doesn’t come in ready makes - I’ve tried her with aptamil ready made and it just doesn’t agree with her so ready made isn’t an option
Ahh right. I’d just take boiled water and your dried formula then in your carry on. I think as long as you are able to taste it, there are no issues. I can remember having to take a sip out of prepared bottles at security and then being allowed in through. Again, it may all have changed as it was 10 years ago. X

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List