Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jul 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
passingthrew
Gone all Goofy

Lost Baggage

If I've put this post in the wrong forum please move it but I had to put this post on as we arrived back yesterday from Orlando TC flight MT2963 to Glasgow when we got to the conveyer belt there was already a lot of people had already got there luggage we waited for well over an hour and there was only 1 bag left on the belt same colour and make of our bag but not ours as ours had a tag (homemade) with our name,address and mobile number on it, its possible someone took ours by mistake but as yet no one has contacted the airport or us. I am devastated as all my clothing and my husbands was in the bag along with personal items which cannot be replaced it took us a long time to save for this holiday and for this to happen after such a lovely time really did upset me, we do have the name of the persons who's bag was left on the belt but we were wondering if anyone had any advice for us we have been and reported the bag missing but what else can we do
passingthrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Do you have any way of contacting them?

Sometimes when we get home, one or more cases just get dumped in the spare room til we have an hour to deal with it (we do laundry in the villa when away, so it is just storing clean stuff). So they might have taken yours and simply not know yet.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

Terrible news.

I'm guessing you reported this to the baggage desk at the airport ?

Many years ago, my suitcase didn't arrive, so provided all my details to the baggage desk and the next day received a phone call to say my case had been located and they delivered by taxi to my home address.

Now I don't know if this just got lost during transit, or if someone had picked it up in error and then returned it to the airport - but I did get my case back.

I'm guessing the other person who 'mistakenly' took your bag is equally upset and one would hope they have/will contact the airport to firstly enquire about their case and secondly to arrange return of yours.

May just be a case of waiting a day or two and perhaps keep contacting the airport asking for an update.
Old 2 Jul 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

did the airline confirm your bag was delivered to GLA ? Sometimes bags are not loaded onto planes, and arrive later, through the Post usually

If your bag is confirmed to have been on your flight, and delivered onto the GLA belt system, and if you have the name of the passengers whose bags were left on the conveyor, contact them.
I assume you didn't get their bag, so they will too be missing their stuff.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

There is nothing else you can do but wait if you have reported it and have a lost luggage report from Thomas Cooks agents (Swissport at Glasgow). Hopefully they told you what will happen next. Basically, and this is for everyone else who ends up in this situation with any swapped bag, the agent will contact the person whose bag is left and check to see if they have the other passengers missing bag. The agents/airline will keep hold the bag left until the person who has the missing bag returns it to the rightful passenger, usually at the expensive of the person taking the wrong bag. Failure of the other person returning it will result in the police being involved as it is then classed as theft.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

Sorry this has happened to you. What a horrible start.

Its worth remembering though to always share your belongings equally across all the party's bags. This way if one does get lost in the system then you at least have clothes, toiletries etc to get you through a couple of days
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
passingthrew
Gone all Goofy

I do hope we get our bag back and if someone did take it by mistake does the right thing and return it, thank you everyone for your replies and help with this
passingthrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Surely you will get news today. I do hope so. 24 hours is more than enough for the baggage enquiries people at Glasgow to find out what has happened. Keep phoning them.

I have to say that my DH once took a wrong bag in Philadelphia and drove 50 miles. When he saw someone else's details on the bag, he wanted to phone the person (poor Shirley) but his friend that he was staying with phoned the airport who said bring it back and on no account phone Shirley. She will just be told that her bag was delayed and that it has now arrived. Of course DH bag was back at th airport and they went on their way, but I do spare a thought for Shirley now and again as it is not a nice situation to be in. Even now we ask DH if Shirley's bag is travelling with us! But we do check and double check any bags we take off the belt.

Good luck OP. Keep phoning Glasgow airport.
Old 2 Jul 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
Surely you will get news today. I do hope so. 24 hours is more than enough for the baggage enquiries people at Glasgow to find out what has happened. Keep phoning them.

I have to say that my DH once took a wrong bag in Philadelphia and drove 50 miles. When he saw someone else's details on the bag, he wanted to phone the person (poor Shirley) but his friend that he was staying with phoned the airport who said bring it back and on no account phone Shirley. She will just be told that her bag was delayed and that it has now arrived. Of course DH bag was back at th airport and they went on their way, but I do spare a thought for Shirley now and again as it is not a nice situation to be in. Even now we ask DH if Shirley's bag is travelling with us! But we do check and double check any bags we take off the belt.

Good luck OP. Keep phoning Glasgow airport.
Phoning the airport will not have any effect, in fact it could make it worse...

I do this sort of thing a lot as I work at Glasgow.

I am assuming the passenger arrived this morning so the agents/airline may have not been able to contact the other passengers yet depending in how they booked and if they left any phone numbers. The agents deal with several airlines and at this time of year are extremely busy. I would at least expect you to get an update within 48 hours of reporting the nissing/swapped bag.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Chrissie H
Very Serious Dibber

Chrissie H's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My DH once picked up the wrong bag, to be fair it was identical to ours and DH just assumed that our luggage tag had come off. Virgin phoned our hotel as we were checking in to tell us what had happened and we returned it to the sine the day. It was too late to do it then. We were really upset about it but the airport staff said it happened all the time. I have since made some very bright handle covers for the cases so hopefully it won’t happen again.
Chrissie H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List