Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Sep 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Day room after gatwick flight

After a horrible very early morning drive back home after a very late flight the other day, I have decided to book a hotel for us to all nap in after our flight back from MCO
I have googled but the websites are not giving me the options of adding occupancy for family. If I go straight to the particular hotel websites they don't give an option for day use?!
Any recommendations? Thanks
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

There seem to be quite a few options on this site dayuse
In the past I’ve booked a day room at the Hilton south terminal - directly with Hilton.
Mpet is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

I have called both the Bloc and the Hilton direct before to book a day room .
I have also use the site day use and this time were are staying at the Sofitel on our return .
I have had no problems with Dayuse and have cancelled before with no issues when I found a better deal.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mpet View Post
There seem to be quite a few options on this site dayuse
In the past I’ve booked a day room at the Hilton south terminal - directly with Hilton.
Thanks, this is the site I have been suing but gives no options for a family room.

I suppose I will have to phone a few hotels, was really hoping to avoid that...
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Premier Inn do day rooms but it does jot show on their site. Call reservations or hotel direct. We paid £50 for Gatwick North Terminal on December 29th. You can also add the breakfast deal.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

The bloc do a family room but you can only get it on the day £57 from 9-4.
Double rooms you can book online by selecting the check in and check out day as the same day.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Well, I phoned PI North to book a day room, and they behaved like they had never heard of it being a thing?! I told them it is and others have rooms booked. They were having none of it ;( They said the only thing I can do is turn up on the day and see if theres a room. Ummm no!
Bloc are fully booked.
So now my 2 options are:
1. Book PI North for the night before, as check out is 12. Our flight arrives 7am, so tbh 12 would maybe be enough of a nap for a safe long drive home. I like the idea of just strolling across the road to crawl into bed as and wewill check in the night before online we can arrive as early as we can.
Or, book Arora hotel 10mins drive away that does day rooms but the risk is check in is 9am, so we may risk waiting for the room.
I think its a no brainer?
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

What about Hampton by Hilton ?
We used dayuse last week at Miami as we weren't flying til 7pm and our cruise docked early morning it worked brilliantly , also had good experience of booking day rooms direct with Hilton too.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
Well, I phoned PI North to book a day room, and they behaved like they had never heard of it being a thing?! I told them it is and others have rooms booked. They were having none of it ;( They said the only thing I can do is turn up on the day and see if theres a room. Ummm no!
Bloc are fully booked.
So now my 2 options are:
1. Book PI North for the night before, as check out is 12. Our flight arrives 7am, so tbh 12 would maybe be enough of a nap for a safe long drive home. I like the idea of just strolling across the road to crawl into bed as and wewill check in the night before online we can arrive as early as we can.
Or, book Arora hotel 10mins drive away that does day rooms but the risk is check in is 9am, so we may risk waiting for the room.
I think its a no brainer?
The only thing i'd say as cautionary to booking a room the night before, generally if you haven't checked in by a certain time they release the room.
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
The only thing i'd say as cautionary to booking a room the night before, generally if you haven't checked in by a certain time they release the room.
Even if we check in online the night before?