Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 Oct 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I modified my booking yesterday with Auto Europe for a Mustang (or similar) through Alamo for this November and the price had dropped another £50 so I updated my booking.

This morning, I had another email from Auto Europe giving another 30% off, so now the price has dropped down another £20!

This is, without a doubt, the cheapest we have ever had the Mustang through Alamo. Starting to think is this too good to be true... or maybe, don't look a gift horse...
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindsk View Post
I modified my booking yesterday with Auto Europe for a Mustang (or similar) through Alamo for this November and the price had dropped another £50 so I updated my booking.

This morning, I had another email from Auto Europe giving another 30% off, so now the price has dropped down another £20!

This is, without a doubt, the cheapest we have ever had the Mustang through Alamo. Starting to think is this too good to be true... or maybe, don't look a gift horse...
Just wondered do you get 2 drivers included when booking through Auto Europe and full cover? We usually book through Alamo Brits and have full insurance and 2 drivers included.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk

Mobile

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Just wondered do you get 2 drivers included when booking through Auto Europe and full cover? We usually book through Alamo Brits and have full insurance and 2 drivers included.
Our original booking with them only had one driver, but it is now offering an additional free driver, so we have 2 drivers at this reduced price :-)
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Our original booking with them only had one driver, but it is now offering an additional free driver, so we have 2 drivers at this reduced price :-)
I can see the free additional driver offer at mo but it is only for hire before end of Dec 2019 and we don’t go until next July. I have signed up to their offers so will wait to see if they do a similar offer for our dates. Thank you for the heads up.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk

Mobile

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
I can see the free additional driver offer at mo but it is only for hire before end of Dec 2019 and we don’t go until next July. I have signed up to their offers so will wait to see if they do a similar offer for our dates. Thank you for the heads up.

Oh sorry, I didn’t realise. Definitely worth signing up for the newsletters, we’ve had great deals this way.

Have you also tried Alamo Brits? We have found bargains through them and always had the free driver. It’s worth buying a Brits Guide to Orlando if you do book through them (an old one will do). We’ve never had to show it but it does state in the Ts&Cs that you need one.

We’re going again in May so I’ll post nearer the time if I find any bargains:-)
Old 27 Oct 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mcowan77
Getting Excited

Mobile

What’s the difference between the insurance packages?
mcowan77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mcowan77 View Post
What’s the difference between the insurance packages?
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150282
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh sorry, I didn’t realise. Definitely worth signing up for the newsletters, we’ve had great deals this way.

Have you also tried Alamo Brits? We have found bargains through them and always had the free driver. It’s worth buying a Brits Guide to Orlando if you do book through them (an old one will do). We’ve never had to show it but it does state in the Ts&Cs that you need one.

We’re going again in May so I’ll post nearer the time if I find any bargains:-)
Yes tried Brits - they are a little more expensive. Hopefully same offer will become available for later next year. Thanks for posting as never heard of this company before.
Old 28 Oct 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
Hopefully! Always go with Autoeurope as it’s so easy to amend and secure a better price during the build up to the holiday. Always on the lookout for posts like yours! Will keep checking!
If I find the price to be cheaper than my booking, do I have to make a new booking and cancel the original?
DisneyMadAng is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
If I find the price to be cheaper than my booking, do I have to make a new booking and cancel the original?
No. You just go to Manage my booking > Modify reservation > Choose different car.

Then you just select the same car at the lower price and the difference is refunded back to your card in a couple of days (has to be the card you made original booking with). Simple.
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List