Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Oct 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We tend to have the circa 6.00pm flight home by choice.

8.30am dump luggage at Disney Springs check in
9.00am back to SSR and get our lockers sorted out for collection
11.00am leave room and head up to the Lounge at SSR for coffee
1.30pm Leave SSR slow drive to the airport
3.00pm Check into the Delta Lounge (VA booking) and eat their snacks!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
giggler
Excited about Disney

Its been a bit of a tradition for us to go to Epcot.
We usually go September, so we have a stroll around the Food and Wine stalls, snacking our lunch as we go and the kids get a last minute Disney fix ( when I say kids I mean Adults)
Also a good walk around Epcot always makes me a little bit more tired for hopefully an hour or 2 sleep on the flight back.
We used to do Downtown Disney (before DS expansion) but would spend more time clock watching than anything else.
We always keep a fresh change of clothes in a bag and chuck them in hand luggage before the flight home.
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Cez
Getting Excited

Cez's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We usually go to MK but the last time we went to Disney Springs.

DLP 2016
Cez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We have found Gatorland fills the gap nicely and can be fitted in to our schedules without too much fuss
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
We were in a townhouse and could have left the luggage at the clubhouse at checkout but it meant we then had to head back in wrong direction to pick it up as due at airport at 2.30pm. Last week, we checked out and headed to DIsney Springs, parked on level near the escalators where there are security guards and then went to the CInema to see Malificent 2. We then headed to the Airport, checked in early and got something to eat before going through security.

If we had been on the later flight we would have left the luggage and probably headed to the loop to watch a film and do some last minute shopping before picking up luggage on way back to Airport. The few times we flew with VIrgin we used the DIsney Springs check-in and then headed to a park.

The other thing we have done when we had a late flight was to book an extra nights accomodation in the villa/hotel so we could go out for part of the day, go back, have a shower and then head to Airport.
A film on the last day in air conditioned comfort is a brilliant idea...Why have I never thought of that
Old 22 Oct 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

We always try and get late check out from the hotel if we can. This means we normally leave the hotel at 12ish. (offsite)

We always go to Disney Springs, have lunch and a stroll around and then we have to leave there to head to the airport at about 3. We leave our suitcases in the car.
May 2020 - CSR and HRH - DH 30th - Covid Cancelled!
February 2022 - Holiday Inn LBV, HRH and Pop - 21 Nights
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Not much as usually keep the room on an hour or two extra and just head to airport.
Last time flight was 4.35pm.
Old 22 Oct 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
katie786
Earning More Ears

Most of the time we'll go to MK for breakfast and just explore - we don't worry about rides on the last day, just having a leisurely wander down Main St and catch the Trolley Show.
We've also done a Disney Springs day although that can mean a bit too much unexpected last minute shopping we then need to squeeze into bags. We had a great time doing one of the mini golfs on property before heading to the airport!
katie786 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
A film on the last day in air conditioned comfort is a brilliant idea...Why have I never thought of that
We did this one year. Admittedly about 10 years ago so the now adult children were still children. We all fell asleep in the cinema which caused problems on the flight home which made the jet lag even worse than usual. So personally I won’t be doing this again. Particularly with the bed like chairs they own have at the Springs cinema!
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Drop the luggage at Disney springs check in, bit of last minute shopping and lunch then head to the airport.