Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Oct 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

1 night in Disney hotel

Thinking of booking 1 night in Disney hotel as we only want to do a few days at Disney. Will we get 2 days of booking fastpasses at 60 days? Just trying to price everything up. We want to do Hollywood Studios as we love Tower of Terror but thinking park will be mega busy once new Star Wars rides open. Ideally would like to do our 2nd day as a hopper, 1st half in Animal Kingdom as never tried FOP and 2nd half in Magic Kingdom. It's a lot of money just for 2 days but no point in getting 14 day ticket as we won't go any other days as doing Universal, Busch and Sea World. DD will be nearly 16 and prefers Universal and we need to do the others as last time in 2016 we only done Disney and Universal. Cheapest I can see is around £170 for Pop Century, how much will parking be?
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

You get 60 day fastpasses for they day you check in and the day you check out, so 2 days with a one night stay.

Disney tickets are cheaper per day the longer they are for, so a longer ticket without park hopper may not be much more,

Right now I think parking is $13./night for a value but that could change. You do get free parks parking,
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 04:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Yes you will get two days of 60 day fast passes, but you are not likely to get FOP, Slinkydog or 7DMT on a one night stay, these are not normally available until day three or more on a longer stay. In February we could not get Slinky until our fifth day! Most other things are available at 30 days anyway so the FP benefit is limited IMO, although there are other benefits such as EMH.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
That seems very expensive for Pop.

I don't see the value in staying onsite at Disney for 1 night compared to Universal.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

We are staying 1 night at RPR so will get the 2 days express pass at Universal :-)
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Yes you will get two days of 60 day fast passes, but you are not likely to get FOP, Slinkydog or 7DMT on a one night stay, these are not normally available until day three or more on a longer stay. In February we could not get Slinky until our fifth day! Most other things are available at 30 days anyway so the FP benefit is limited IMO, although there are other benefits such as EMH.
I was really doing it to get FOP in AK and either TOT or RRC as I think HS is going to be busy once new SW ride opens, although it might not take off the way they wanted as smugglers run queues are down now, but didn't realise I wouldn't get fastpass at 60 days. I'm still trying to decide on what to do, probably do MK on a midday ticket as only want to do SM, BTM, parade and fireworks and maybe meet a few characters or could do a 2 day hopper, 1 day in HS and 2nd day start off in AK to do FOP at rope drop then EE and move onto MK later on. Maybe 3 days non hopper will be much the same price as a 2 day hopper. It's so much work trying to figure out best way to buy tickets
Old 23 Oct 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
WDW365
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Never pay rack rate. Wouldn’t expect more than £120 for POP. We got Coronado for about £130. Keep checking for offers.
WDW365 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by minimum77 View Post
I was really doing it to get FOP in AK and either TOT or RRC as I think HS is going to be busy once new SW ride opens, although it might not take off the way they wanted as smugglers run queues are down now, but didn't realise I wouldn't get fastpass at 60 days. I'm still trying to decide on what to do, probably do MK on a midday ticket as only want to do SM, BTM, parade and fireworks and maybe meet a few characters or could do a 2 day hopper, 1 day in HS and 2nd day start off in AK to do FOP at rope drop then EE and move onto MK later on. Maybe 3 days non hopper will be much the same price as a 2 day hopper. It's so much work trying to figure out best way to buy tickets
You won’t have any trouble with the TOT or RNRC, but I think you would get them at 30 days too. Looking at the Dibb fast pass availability tool, there are no FOP available at 60 or 61 days from now but it is available at 62 days.
Old 24 Oct 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
jenzo
Trying for More Ears

Has this changed. Has Disney caught on because i'm sure in the past the remainder of my holiday opened up for fast past each day from the one night at a Disney hotel?

So we stayed one night midway through the holiday and the first week was blocked out until 30 days but the remainder of the holiday opened up from at 60 days from the day we stayed overnight at Disney.

Edited at 08:36 AM.
jenzo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jenzo View Post
Has this changed. Has Disney caught on because i'm sure in the past the remainder of my holiday opened up for fast past each day from the one night at a Disney hotel?

So we stayed one night midway through the holiday and the first week was blocked out until 30 days but the remainder of the holiday opened up from at 60 days from the day we stayed overnight at Disney.
Yes it changed at the beginning of the year. If you only book one night you can do 60 day fast passes for two days, check in and check out day.