Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Oct 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sandr
Gone all Goofy

First Morning, Advice Needed please!

Hi Guys, I'm almost at the 180 day mark for booking dining reservations and this issue is bugging me.

So because of Thomas Cook, our flights out are quite crappy. We originally had TC flights booked but have rebooked at the only affordable option which is a late indirect flights.

We land in Orlando at 22:30 local time.

My question is...

Usually I know I would be awake at 4am ready to hit Magic Kingdom. So I was going to book a Crystal Palace breakfast. My partner really wants to do this and it's the only morning we have planned in Magic Kingdom.

I know it's a personal thing and it's subjective but has anyone does this? How tired are we going to be? Walking Dead tired or just a few bags under the eyes?

He wants me to book it, and then we can go and nap in the afternoon. We are staying on site at Port Orleans.

I've never flown indirect and never landed late so I have no idea how hideous this is going to be.

Any advice/experiences much appreciated!
Steph x
sandr is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Personally Id book a late breakfast at say 10/10:30ish? That would give you a little bit longer in bed but still give you the option of an afternoon nap if you needed it
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sandr
Gone all Goofy

I didn't even realise that you could book it that late! Never eaten there before and only ever read about people going before the park opens. If it's possible to book that late then I think we will do just that. If we are still up early we can always get some rides in first!
sandr is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

Breakfast is 7 - 10:45am 😊

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, I would look that if you are landing at 10.30pm as long as everything runs on time I should imagine it will be at least 1.30am until you fall into bed.
So I should imagine it will be a later than usual wake up.
Why not do another park at a leisure pace on your first fall day, Then the next day do MK.
That way I guess you will be up early early, We always are first couple of day
You could book a early breakfast to get into park before it opens, Then once finished get on the rides nice and early.
But if you love to do MK on first day, Like many people do ( me included) then I would go for the latest breakfast time they do.
Old 24 Oct 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ellie666
Proud to wear my Ears

we're doing CP with a 10:45 booking, planning on dawdling and will be there whilst they change to lunch service so can tuck in then as well.
Orlando (No Disney apart from MNSSHP) - 2022
Disneyland Mars (Green Lagoon) - 2038
ellie666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

Sounds like you're doing the same flights as me - thanks TC. -_-

We too get in 10.30 ish but hoping because we will have already cleared US immigration that we will breeze through the airport into and uber and into bed!

Wishful thinking maybe! We are planning to just get up when we get up and keep it relaxed first day and probably hit some shops in the afternoon
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List